• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southampton to Helensburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinson

Hi all,
Am currently looking to plan a trip up from Southampton to Helensburgh. Out probably in the week beginning August 13th, returning week beginning August 27th (I can be flexible on dates). With the expected influx of tourists around London (travelling pretty close to the Olympics), I had it in mind to go via Birmingham this time.

Can anyone suggest any good splits/combinations of Advances, at least to get as far as Birmingham? From all the research I've done so far it seems that any saving I can make is immediately offset by XC's extortionate fares...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Have you checked to see if any deals are left on the sleeper? The Fort William portion of the Highlander stops at Helensburgh Upper. There are direct trains from both Edinburgh or Glasgow if you catch the Lowlander

Just a thought.

~Looks like £49 Bargain Berths from Euston to Glasgow are still available on Tues. 14th & Wed. 15th August.~ you will need an additional GLC/GLQ - Helensburgh Stns ticket

Returning we get:-

~Caledonian Sleeper Seat Advance from Helensburgh Upper to London Euston (Changing at GLQ/GLC to the Lowlander) dep Helensburgh 20:40; arr Euston 07:04 for only £26

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.