• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Assessment centre (Train driver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTracks

Hello all,

I’ve recently applied to become a Trainee Train driver and have successfully passed the screening process. I have now been invited to attend the assessment centre which is in 2 weeks time.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the day? And what to expect.. also any practise material out there I could purchase and read up on?

Thanks in advance!:)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gorlash1886

Do a search at the top of the forum there is a massive chain about southeastern that should have all the info you need buddy, good luck with the assessment day, best advice I can give is ask if you are unsure of what is needed on the day.

TTracks

Do a search at the top of the forum there is a massive chain about southeastern that should have all the info you need buddy, good luck with the assessment day, best advice I can give is ask if you are unsure of what is needed on the day.
Thanks for your reply!

JadeMClememts

Hi I have also been invited to the assessment center but has been rescheduled. The information pack provided will give you a run down on what to expect to do on the day

tests of attention;

a trainability/memory test;

a test of vigilance;

a test of perception;

a test of hand co-ordination;

a written communication test;

a situational judgement exercise;

a structured interview.

Good luck

Applepie356

Group Bourbon test: Look for the tool that is stickied to the top of the forum. It’s extremely helpful and I’d advise printing them out and timing yourself to see how many lines you can get done.

MMI: You will get asked 6 questions and they are the same but can be worded differently and in different order.

1) A time where you had to follow rules and procedures

2) A time where you done a role similar to train driver

3) A time where you handled an emergency situation

4) A time where you worked for long periods of time alone

5) A time where you have been on training course for 2 weeks+

6) A time where you have solved a difficult problem

Be aware that they will be worded differently, for example question 5 could be “A time where you had to persevere to achieve a goal” or something like that.

You should also get sent practice material at least 7 days before the test day. Some people find it helpful, although it’s important to note they will be a bit different to the actual test.

Above all, if you don’t understand always ask before the assessor starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.