• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Class 377 to Charing Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnjkerbin

I know that there's one morning class 377 working into Charing Cross:

2W96 0743 Ashford International - Charing Cross
1R92 0922 Charing Cross - Ashford International

Does anyone know if there are any evening peak workings in/out of Charing Cross?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member

Does anyone know if there are any evening peak workings in/out of Charing Cross?
I’m actually in the process of trying to go on the SouthEastern 377s and Victoria is a huge pain so while I regret I have no more diagrams to tell you I really must thank you for this :D

Kite159

Veteran Member
1F90 1611 Orpington to London Charing Cross
2R90 1651 London Charing Cross to Folkestone Central

Have been 377s in the past

brad465

Established Member

It's not Charing X but if you go over to Cannon St then this service is a 377: 1G85 1845 Cannon St - Ramsgate.

The aforementioned services never used to be 377s but as part of a complex-ish reallocation of rolling stock, resulting from the class 466 derogation, they are now.

I’m actually in the process of trying to go on the SouthEastern 377s and Victoria is a huge pain so while I regret I have no more diagrams to tell you I really must thank you for this :D
While you're entitled to your own opinion on this, from my own personal experiences of 377s you're not missing much: compared to 375s they could really do with a full interior refurbishment, and beyond that don't really differ from 375s

Kite159

Veteran Member
It's not Charing X but if you go over to Cannon St then this service is a 377: 1G85 1845 Cannon St - Ramsgate.

The aforementioned services never used to be 377s but as part of a complex-ish reallocation of rolling stock, resulting from the class 466 derogation, they are now.

While you're entitled to your own opinion on this, from my own personal experiences of 377s you're not missing much: compared to 375s they could really do with a full interior refurbishment, and beyond that don't really differ from 375s

The only difference is the plug socket in the declassified first class section behind one of the cabs, if the plugs are working.

But at least with the 375s they are all 2+2 seating (unless it's a 375/9)

jnjkerbin

I agree. The one I caught yesterday was looking very tired indeed. There wasn't a single seat that didn't have some sort of marks on it and all were rather faded and threadbare. A huge difference from Southeastern's 375s which are mostly in very good nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.