• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SouthEastern Conductor Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulJ

Evening all
I have successfully passed stage 1 of applying as a trainee conductor, ie. making an application and receiving an invite to sit an online assessment at home. The online assessment is in three parts - Calculation, Counting the Money, and Verbal Reasoning. Unfortunately the Counting the Money section crashed - it wouldn’t even present the questions - and now thinks I’ve completed that section. Before beginning the assessment, I checked my laptop had the relevant settings and indeed the email from SouthEastern also stated the assessment was compatible with Microsoft Edge. Checking the external assessors FAQs it doesn’t make reference to Microsoft Edge.
I have emailed SouthEastern to enquire as to whether can I have a second bite of the cherry. What do you think my chances are?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SamSE

I would email Southeastern and explain the situation, having gone through the process myself, I did hear of this same situation happening to several people. They were given another chance, especially as it would show zero correct on the results (which is very unlikely in most circumstances, more likely unable to complete then getting everything wrong).

Just make sure you try the practice questions first, if they display correctly then the test should load fine, and you can reload and check the practice questions as many times as you need to.

PaulJ

That’s great Sam, I’ll give it a go. What happens next, in terms of timescales etc?

Gary hughes

Just a heads up, the 2nd time it still didn't work but I tried Internet Explorer and it worked on there.
Who knew , IE is good for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.