• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern conductors - future opportunities

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentishman87

Starting this thread to discuss progress with others in Southeastern talent pool (medical screening date, confirmation of training start date) for "trainee train conductors - future opportunities"...

I completed my application and external assessments in May. I passed the assessment day and the interview in June. I am now waiting to be contacted by HR when "a position becomes available in my area". I'm hoping this isn't too long...

Anyone else applied to Southeastern recently for trainee train conductors? Please comment.

Also, if you have been in a similar talent pool situation with Southeastern and wish to share your experience, please do...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kentishman87

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=129137 (Drivers et. al.)

Southeastern Talent pool thread

Thank you for posting this link. I have been following this thread and I have been checking it often for new posts however I notice much of the chatter concerns trainee train drivers so I thought I'd create a platform for trainee conductors to share their experience of the talent pool process - both those currently in the pool and those who have previously been in the pool for Southeastern.

rooman

yes for trainee conductor I completed my application and external assessments in jan, I passed the assessment day in feb had interview and passed in may, think it might be a long wait

Last edited:

kentishman87

yes for trainee conductor I completed my application and external assessments in jan, I passed the assessment day in feb had interview and passed in may, think it might be a long wait

I hope not. I've read so many great things on here about the job that I'm eager to start.

kentishman87

give them a ring and see if u can give you an idea off when u may get in

I called three weeks ago but the recruitment employee told me they don't know anything at this time. I asked if I could call monthly and she said that's fine but any updates they will call us about anyway so I will still call next week. I don't want to appear to be hassling them but I'm not shy of demonstrating how eager and motivated I am to start this new career.

Have you called?

kentishman87

yeah i spoke with them last week and no news

How many other applicants were successful on your assessment day and were any of them also waiting for Ashford? There was only one other who was sent to be interviewed for Ashford on my assessment day.

Jonesyboy

Hi. I also had interview in June and am waiting on a medical to get into Faversham depot. Fingers crossed we all hear something soon.

kentishman87

anyone heard anythink

No!
I called them today because I haven't heard anything since I asked over a month ago to be transferred from the Ashford talent pool to the Gillingham talent pool. I was told I have to be re-interviewed for the position at the new station (and they don't know interview dates yet) and then if successful, await a medical screening date and then a start date. So I am now a step behind where I was in the application process but it means a more convenient work/life balance at this new station as I'm based in Medway. I wish this wasn't the case though. I want this career to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.