• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern dartford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddyward

Anyone else had email about southeastern for dartford? I applied for Victoria and slade green a while back and got rejected quite quickly. Most recently I applied for grove park and didn’t hear anything until today that I had passed sift and was being considered for dartford. I didn’t know they had a depot there.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DA1

Anyone else had email about southeastern for dartford? I applied for Victoria and slade green a while back and got rejected quite quickly. Most recently I applied for grove park and didn’t hear anything until today that I had passed sift and was being considered for dartford. I didn’t know they had a depot there.

Been in the talent pool for Dartford for quite a few months awaiting an assessment date.

Southeastern often allocate the most local depot to your address.

Last edited:

ComUtoR

Established Member
There is a depot at Dartford. It's been there for years.

Driver2B

Congratulations!

Yes, Southeastern have a depot at Dartford.

I received an e-mail today reading:

I am pleased to confirm you that your application for the posiiton of Trainee Driver Pool - Grove Park has successfully passed the screening process.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for your interest in joining Southeastern, and we will contact you as soon as we are able to continue with your application.

Kind Regards

Recruitment Team
Southeastern​

Maybe they have selected Dartford based on your location? If you'd prefer Grove Park, I'd recommend you contact the Careers department ASAP. The e-mail address doesn't appear to be a 'no reply' one.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Been in the talent pool for Dartford for quite a few months awaiting an assessment date.

Southeastern often allocate the most local depot to your address.

You said there was no depot at Dartford and now say you have been in the talent pool for a few months. I'm confused. or has a post been deleted :/

@Driver2B/Teddyward
Seriously consider the location. Dartford is a hell hole to get into and out of some days. The most local depot to you is always the best option (IMHO)

DA1

You said there was no depot at Dartford and now say you have been in the talent pool for a few months. I'm confused. or has a post been deleted :/

@Driver2B/Teddyward
Seriously consider the location. Dartford is a hell hole to get into and out of some days. The most local depot to you is always the best option (IMHO)

No post has been deleted, I said all along I was in the talent pool.

I was under the impression that Dartford only had sidings and not your traditional depot. Whilst I understand drivers start and end at Dartford the trains are stored at Slade Green.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Ahh apologies.

Dartford has 5 sidings and a decent sized traincrew depot. Trains are berthed there overnight and regularly shunted throughout the day. There is a sticky up the top of the page with all our depots listed. Start and end locations are generally based where depots are. Units are stored all over the network and some come round from Grove Park ECS and start back from Dartford etc.

DA1

Ahh apologies.

Dartford has 5 sidings and a decent sized traincrew depot. Trains are berthed there overnight and regularly shunted throughout the day. There is a sticky up the top of the page with all our depots listed. Start and end locations are generally based where depots are. Units are stored all over the network and some come round from Grove Park ECS and start back from Dartford etc.

Thanks, that really helps for future reference.

I would chase an update for Dartford but I have an assessment day on Friday for a Grove Park Shunter so I’ll see what happens after that.

Teddyward

Dartford is much better for me than grove park. I’m only 7 miles from dartford but that pesky big bridge can be a nightmare. The in laws live within walking distance so I’d stay with them for a while if I’m picked.

DriverGB

Congratulations!

Yes, Southeastern have a depot at Dartford.

I received an e-mail today reading:

I am pleased to confirm you that your application for the posiiton of Trainee Driver Pool - Grove Park has successfully passed the screening process.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for your interest in joining Southeastern, and we will contact you as soon as we are able to continue with your application.

Kind Regards

Recruitment Team
Southeastern​

Maybe they have selected Dartford based on your location? If you'd prefer Grove Park, I'd recommend you contact the Careers department ASAP. The e-mail address doesn't appear to be a 'no reply' one.
Same I have received the same email on Monday for Grove Park!

I wonder now how long it will take for them to get back to us...

Last edited:
I passed my DMI for Grove Park on 10th May. In the interview telling me that there are start dates in July. Contacted them last week and no real updates unfortunately. :s

Teddyward

If anyone is still waiting there is hope. I got a call today asking if I was still interested, unfortunately had to decline as started with another operator while waiting.

martin nayler

Thanks, that really helps for future reference.

I would chase an update for Dartford but I have an assessment day on Friday for a Grove Park Shunter so I’ll see what happens after that.
please can you help me im trying to find and apply for a trainee train shunter jobs at dartford or grove park stations and see that you have achieved this can you give me any hints and tips to help me on my way to become a train shunter many thanks martin

martin nayler

could you tell me if you applied for a future position as a trainee train shunter as I cannot see any positions at Dartford at the moment to apply for or know when they may turn up on the careers site by the time I look at website any chance of a position has already closed any help with this is very welcome many thanks martin n

bionic

You won't get a shunter drivers job at Dartford because they don't have them. All moves to and from Dartford station and the sidings are done by mainline drivers. Slade Green has them though.

Teddyward

could you tell me if you applied for a future position as a trainee train shunter as I cannot see any positions at Dartford at the moment to apply for or know when they may turn up on the careers site by the time I look at website any chance of a position has already closed any help with this is very welcome many thanks martin n
I applied for trainee mainline at grove park. My application was changed to dartford. Was waiting for 6 months for a DMI but while I was waiting I applied to another operator and already started. All I can advise if you’re missing opportunities to apply is to check every day, or at least every other day.

Driver2B

Same I have received the same email on Monday for Grove Park!

I wonder now how long it will take for them to get back to us...

I contacted Recruitment a few weeks ago regarding this.

They advised me that they have fewer vacancies than they had expected and that the wait will be longer than originally envisaged. They suggested that it would not be this year.

My assumptions are that as the current franchise has been extended for resubmission of bids, I assume that they don't want to pay trainee drivers who aren't immediately necessary if the franchise is likely to be awarded to another company.

Anyway, I'm still happy that my name is on the list - you've got to be in it to win it!

Status
Not open for further replies.