• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern employee apologises for their crappy ticket barriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldave

Established Member
When I had a Z1-6 travelcard season, and wanted to try out a 395 to Ashford and back, I got a BZ6 to Ashford ticket and paid the HS1 supplement.

I can't remember how I got through the gateline, but I got on the train and everything was fine until the TM said it was invalid as you can't use Travelcards (even with a supplement) and charged me an excess. The excess wasn't that much, mind.

To me it's mad that you can have a station (or two) outside the zonal system and a line where Travelcards aren't accepted at all.

I don't understand that. What is the purpose of the HS1 supplement other than to upgrade you from "not valid on HS1" ticket status to "valid on HS1" ticket status?

My partner has an outboundary to Z1-6 Travelcard season and has paid the HS1 supplement on days she's been running late to travel on HS1 without problems?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
I think the intention is that outboundary travelcards from the SE network are valid on HS1 with payment of the supplement to make them plus high speed.

As SE do not get anything extra from travelcards not from one of their stations outside London they are not valid.

I guess it is the "Zone 6 - Ashford" or wherever you are going to, that is being upgraded, rather than the "Zone 1-6" bit...

jon0844

Veteran Member
The sooner the supplement goes and it just becomes a normal train service, within the zones, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.