• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern - High Speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

westfieldbend

Upon purchasing a High Speed upgrade recently, when asking for a discount with my 16-25 railcard I was told:

'There is a minimum fare with those <points at railcard> at all times of the day'

and

'We are also unable to offer any discount on any upgrade ticket'

Having recently bought an upgrade with a young persons card discount and also having bought several discounted tickets under £12 with the discount, I am pretty sure both of those statements are incorrect! Has anything changed recently?

Unfortunately, having been messed about for over an hours already - the only reason I had to purchase an upgrade - I couldn't be bothered to argue.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Upon purchasing a High Speed upgrade recently, when asking for a discount with my 16-25 railcard I was told:

'There is a minimum fare with those <points at railcard> at all times of the day'

and

'We are also unable to offer any discount on any upgrade ticket'

There is a minimum fare of £12 before 10am except in July and August.

The Southeastern website indicates Railcard discounts apply with the appropriate minimum fare rules. It does not specifically state Railcard discounts apply to supplements but, as read, it appears to cover all the options.

Status
Not open for further replies.