• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Kids for a Quid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Does anyone know if Southeastern Kids for a Quid can be used in conjunction with a Family/Friends Railcard?

The website says ''Railcard discounts do not apply'' but it is unclear if this means they don't just apply to the child £1 fare or overall. As you cannot buy Kids for a Quid online, the Southeastern journey planner isn't clear.

Thanks
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also can you buy an Outboundary Travelcard with Kids for a Quid (Ashford Int'l to London Zones 1-6)?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

johnnycache

The position on Southern is as follows:

If the adult passenger has a railcard then the accompanied children pay £1 (if less than the railcard discounted price eg family and friends offers 81% discount for kids but this would be reduced to £1) -the idea is that no-one is worse off as a result of having bought a railcard

A railcard holder with a railcard that doesn't give child discounts (eg senior) would get the railcard discount for themselves and also the child flat fare for the children

Also on Southern you can buy Southern or FCC child flat fares on webTIS (southernrailway.com)
but as yet not Southeastern

I work for Southern. I will ask colleagues in Southeastern to clarify.

Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
For the record, I have finally received a reply from Southeastern, who, after initially sending me an irrelevant reply that ignored my question, confirmed that Kids for a Quid is available where the Adult ticket has been discounted. I'm now writing in to claim the difference as I was overcharged twice at the ticket office, who on both occasions told me Kids for a Quid is only available with a standard undiscounted Adult ticket.

island

Veteran Member
For what little it's worth, a relative of mine was previously issued a FAM-discounted adult ticket and a flat fare £1 child ticket at Gatwick Airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.