• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Livery Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AM9

Veteran Member
There's a video of a heavy duty clean here which may be related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eclXvA-wIBw. To be honest, it looks like the kind of thing the trains should be receiving on a monthly basis!

How much extra would you like to pay to travel on them then?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And more 2x2 seating to increase passenger capacity.

As long as the seats are the same size as the 2+3 seats.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
One question - what reason would they have to be travelling on a really obscure route via Acton and then Putney, when it came from Derby and is probably headed to Ramsgate?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgda4beYLMI

So how would you get a train from Derby to SE stabling?

telstarbox

Established Member
Saw one in the new livery at Waterloo East yesterday, coupled to a white 375. I think it's a lot smarter.

Now if only Southeastern would use a different shade of paint on their stations - that light grey doesn't look good.

backontrack

Established Member
I do like the colour on the Javelins, apart from the doors, which seem to be using the same blue that all the mobility cars in the seventies seemed to have.

I think yellow doors would suit all classes a lot more, I did a quick (very) rough and ready photoshop:

javelin.jpg

Very smart.

I love the new 375 livery; a lot nicer that the old white/yellow/blue one. Will the Networkers/Suburban Electrostars undergo the same changes?

Last edited:

RichJF

Does anyone know which sub-class are being done after the 375/3's?

Is it too logical to assume that the 375/6's are next, followed by 375/7,375/8,375/9?

Or are there particular units in worse shape that'll get refurbed first?

Thanks!

user15681

Established Member
Does anyone know which sub-class are being done after the 375/3's?

Is it too logical to assume that the 375/6's are next, followed by 375/7,375/8,375/9?

Or are there particular units in worse shape that'll get refurbed first?

Thanks!

The /3s will all be done first, followed by the /6 and /7, then the /8 and /9.

Only 50 will be done at Derby, and if you add up all the /3/6/7 you get a total of 55... so I believe 5 of the /6/7 will be done at Ilford with the /8/9. There is a small subset of the /6 which had work done more recently, so I'd reckon on the 5 being out of them.

BurtonM

I don't like that much at all, too many random blocks of colour, and I'm sick of dark blue/purple trains.
All the First TOCS, Scotrail, SE, Northern...

samuelmorris

Established Member
Each to their own, being used to mostly-white multiple units these days I find it refreshing to see a unit in a proper livery. Besides, dark colours like that seem to wear better than white which just looks so dirty after a while. I think this is quite a smart job inside and out and really does 'refresh' the 375s to make them look current again.

RichJF

Each to their own, being used to mostly-white multiple units these days I find it refreshing to see a unit in a proper livery. Besides, dark colours like that seem to wear better than white which just looks so dirty after a while. I think this is quite a smart job inside and out and really does 'refresh' the 375s to make them look current again.

Take a look at the earlier TL 387's. In service for...6 months or so. Already looking shabby/dirty in white imo.

The blue suits the 375's more I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.