• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern livery query

Status
Not open for further replies.

ert47

From memory the 377/3s with Southern were originally 375/3s which were then renumbered when the couplers were changed.
They appear in Portsmouth pretty much all the time and work the services to Brighton IIRC.

Havent they all been replaced on the Coastway services by the refurb 313s?

If the 377/3s are the ones with the old Connex interiors, I've been on a few doing the South London Line and also services down towards Horsham from London Bridge

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

387star

On Moderation
I was on a class 456 for the first time today and was very impressed.

I also noticed a wide variety of livery across SouthEastern including:

White with yellow doors
White with yellow doors and grey stripe
White with lilac doors
White with lilac doors and stripe

I also noticed on a number of trains that strange blue identification by the wheelchair/bike door had faded away losing its shape. One class 456 had a yellow door with half of it white whilst other class 375s looked very worn around the doors. The grey stripe looked tatty as well.

A shame they can't all be painted in the new livery as I like it especially with the stripe which I believe is now standard? Helps distinguish SouthEastern anyway as C2C and Greater Anglia also employ plain white liveries

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I was on a class 456 for the first time today and was very impressed.

One class 456 had a yellow door with half of it white whilst other class 375s looked very worn around the doors. The grey stripe looked tatty as well.

I think you mean class 465?

387star

On Moderation
I can confirm that at the present time the Class 465 Units run by Southeastern are undergoing repainting. The Subclass Of Units Involved are 465/0, 465/1, 465/2 & 465/9. The Livery changes involve repainting the doors from yellow to blue, the lower stripe being lowered on the 465/2 & 465/9 with it being painted a dark blue and running along the bottom of the Units, the 465/0 & 465/1 will not gain this stripe as they have had the lower casings removed to provide air circulation for the Hitachi Traction Packages.

Until the programme is completed you will see two liveries, there will also be some variations of the new livery when compared to trains overhauled at the early stages of the programme, these early units will be re-visited. I do hope that this provides clarity on the matter.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Southeastern.

Yours sincerely

Lisa Buchanan

Customer Relations Officer

Southeastern

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Does anyone understand what the lower casings are exactly or rather look like and why this would prevent a stripe?

Also is the stripe being lowered? I thought the stripe was in the same position as the old one
Can someone explain this please. What are the lower casings and why would there removal prevent a lower stripe?

Also the class 466 do not have the stripe but another thread on here suggests they were to recieve a stripe

I can confirm that at the present time the Class 465 Units run by Southeastern are undergoing repainting. The Subclass Of Units Involved are 465/0, 465/1, 465/2 & 465/9. The Livery changes involve repainting the doors from yellow to blue, the lower stripe being lowered on the 465/2 & 465/9 with it being painted a dark blue and running along the bottom of the Units, the 465/0 & 465/1 will not gain this stripe as they have had the lower casings removed to provide air circulation for the Hitachi Traction Packages.

Until the programme is completed you will see two liveries, there will also be some variations of the new livery when compared to trains overhauled at the early stages of the programme, these early units will be re-visited. I do hope that this provides clarity on the matter.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Southeastern.

Yours sincerely

Lisa Buchanan

Customer Relations Officer

Southeastern

Does anyone understand what the lower casings are exactly or rather look like and why this would prevent a stripe?

Also is the stripe being lowered? I thought the stripe was in the same position as the old one
Can someone explain this please. What are the lower casings and why would there removal prevent a lower stripe?

Also the class 466 do not have the stripe but another thread on here suggests they were to recieve a stripe

The lower casings are the white/blue protecting casing that cover the traction equipment. Since the Hitachi TM replacement, and the increase in tendency to overheat, they have been removed.

And some reliveried 466s have a stripe and some don't - all units will probably receive it in due course.

387star

On Moderation
Sorry but was this done to aid unit recognition? The covers are under the train near the bogies arn't they? I cannot understand how this would prevent a simple stripe
Apparently the 375s and 376s will undergo heavy repairs late 2012-2013 and we will see livery modifications then. The covers would affect the stripes matching up to the other units. Could someone post a photo of one of the covers please? Sorry I know I sound obsessed with this!

Last edited:
Sorry but was this done to aid unit recognition? The covers are under the train near the bogies arn't they? I cannot understand how this would prevent a simple stripe
Apparently the 375s and 376s will undergo heavy repairs late 2012-2013 and we will see livery modifications then. The covers would affect the stripes matching up to the other units. Could someone post a photo of one of the covers please? Sorry I know I sound obsessed with this!

IMG00096-20100412-1234 by Photos By Ryan, on Flickr

The white covers on 465019 are the covers that are being referred to
There are some missing as you can see

Class 465241 at Sheerness by Photos By Ryan, on Flickr

465241 has the full set of covers only this time in the new blue colour

Hope this clears up any confusion

(Note to mods/admin: I can reduce the photo size if necessary, apologies if they're too big :| )

Status
Not open for further replies.