• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

merkraz

Hey, have been given my date for my medical. Just wondering if they carry out an ECG as im 24 years old as ive seen online in some places that this is only required for people who are 40+. If someone who has recently had a southeastern medical could let me know im just curious.
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bluenosemase

Hey, have been given my date for my medical. Just wondering if they carry out an ECG as im 24 years old as ive seen online in some places that this is only required for people who are 40+. If someone who has recently had a southeastern medical could let me know im just curious.
Thanks
I can’t speak for southeastern but I will be required to have a ECG at my medical and I’m 31.
I wouldn’t worry anyway mate, being so young you’ll fly through it.

bizman

I wouldn't worry, I had it done and the machine thought I was dead! They will want you sped through that process though they will be in need of you more then likely due to a possible exodus to SWR at waterloo from Vic and Charing X

Stigy

Established Member
As far as I’m aware as part of a driver medical, you’ll have an ECG regardless of age or TOC.

DA1

Thanks
Had one towards the end of last year. There definitely is an ECG which I had and I’m 24.

ArchangelA

MINIMUM CONTENT OF EXAMINATION BEFORE APPOINTMENT TO TRAIN DRIVER ROLE  General Medical Examination  Examinations of Sensory Function (vision, hearing, colour perception)  Blood or urine tests, testing for diabetes mellitus  ECG at rest  Tests for psychotropic substances (including illicit drugs or psychotropic meds and abuse of alcohol  Attention & concentration, memory, perception, reasoning  Communication  Reaction time, hand coordination  Occupational psychological examinations - when established occupational psychological deficiencies particularly in operational aptitudes or any relevant personality factor

Status
Not open for further replies.