• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Not HS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinson

Quick question here. I have an off peak day return London Terminals to Ramsgate (with 16-25 railcard), route Not HS1.

For the return, I was thinking of using a 395 to Canterbury West, then switching to a 375 going on to Charing Cross.

Is this valid? I have a gut feeling it is but might as well check.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

atomicdanny

It should be Valid on Ashford - Ramsgate or Dover and as I believe Gravesend - Faversham onwards. It only needs a HS1 ticket where the train uses HS1 (Ashford - St Pancras and Gravesend - St Pancras)

edited (remembered that it says about the HS1 Ticket at Gravesend and not ebbsfleet from the last time i travelled)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Quick question here. I have an off peak day return London Terminals to Ramsgate (with 16-25 railcard), route Not HS1.

For the return, I was thinking of using a 395 to Canterbury West, then switching to a 375 going on to Charing Cross.

Is this valid? I have a gut feeling it is but might as well check.
Yes, this is not using the HS1 route. This is the 'classic' route.

Robinson

Yes, this is not using the HS1 route. This is the 'classic' route.

I just wanted to be sure that it was nevertheless valid for use on a Javelin train on the Ramsgate-Ashford section - which you and atomicdanny have kindly clarified. Thanks, folks.

One other thing, actually - I assume I am allowed to break my journey at Canterbury on the way back?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.