• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern On-Board Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daz28

I've noticed that during the day, it is very rare to find a Southeastern train without the on-board display and pre-recorded announcements working.

However after about 9pm, the opposite seems true, usually the trains have no announcements and the display is either turned off or displaying a default Welcome to Southeastern message.

Does anyone know if this is a policy, some technical fault that manifests itself towards the end of the day, or do Southeastern drivers not think us late night passengers need to know where the train is going or where the next stop is?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

It maybe that as in the case on a lot of TOCs trains after 9pm have different calling patterns than they do for the rest of the day and this isn't in the onboard CIS systems. I believe this is almost certainly the case with the older Networkers.

Certain calling patterns that FCC do are no programmed into the 365's for example.

Daz28

Having been stuck on the fast through line at London Bridge on Tuesday morning for about six minutes, I was surprised to see and hear the recorded message "We apologise for the delay to your journey. This is due to congestion."

Makes me wonder how many other excuses they have stored. I'd have preferred to hear the driver say it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.