• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern recruiting trainee drivers again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clarifying. How was the VSE in regards to difficulty?
I found it okay, but some of the others really struggled with it, the dots I didn’t have too much of a problem with. The test where you’re searching a fake phone directory thing was the hardest as you do that while listening to the tones on the tape

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Niek88

I found it okay, but some of the others really struggled with it, the dots I didn’t have too much of a problem with. The test where you’re searching a fake phone directory thing was the hardest as you do that while listening to the tones on the tape
Well done again & thanks for your response.

Lbamgbose

I recieved this email on the 9th of August

Thank you for your application of the role of Trainee Driver Pool - Grove Park.

As soon as I am able, I will be in touch with further details of when we can proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process

In order that we can keep our records up to date, if any of your personal details have changed or you wish to withdraw your application, please log in to your account on the Southeastern careers portal.

Thank you for your patience and interest in joining Southeastern.

Has anyone else recieved the same email? And does anyone know what is the next stage?

Hammerk

Yes, for Ashford. I've also been told, there will be no positions in Kent until next year ☹

bionic

They need to wait until they've sorted out the situation with existing Orpington drivers and all the moves that need to done with them first.

Azzypaul

Just a waiting game I have two mates that are drivers at slade . They haven’t heard anything

Aqua97

Slade Green has a few trainees going through at the moment but the depot is pretty much full.
Dartford on the other hand has about 7 or 8 leaving by the end of the year, with trainees already coming through to take their place.
As bionic said they'll re-home the Orpington drivers first (December), it looks to be a bit of a wait for trainees off the street at the moment.

As previously mentioned here, the drivers are unhappy in metroland with many of them putting in for moves to coastal depots...
Charing Cross is having a mass exodus at the moment, I've heard about 15 are leaving up there. (but again any orpy surplus can fill those spaces :-\ )

I'm not sure if they take high speed drivers off the street though? Maybe an avenue of exploration?

Zuko

Hi everyone, does anyone know what the payday is for October? As I understand it's a 4 weekly cycle so any help is much appreciated thanks.

Zuko

Hi all, my current employer made a mistake on the p46 form : employee without a p45 form.
In section 2 they are supposed to fill in details of my current employment and payroll references etc, the part where they put their name and address in they have put my name address! I didn't notice at the time because I was chatting away taking about pension and other matters.

I've found a p46.pdf file online and printed it off but noticed the wording and some of the hyperlinks are different, but essentially it's all still the same and still requiring the same information from me.

My question is can I use this or should I see what SE HR say or go back to my current employer and see if they have a similar copy? All help is much appreciated thanks.

Aqua97

anyone here based at Victoria (E) with southeastern? any vacancies in the main roster at the moment? what kind of work do you do there? i've heard they've got an interesting mix of work. Thinking of moving across from another depot.

Rightontyne19

I know this is the jobs forum, but still trying to find books which give an honest account of railway life. Anyone looking for a Drivers job read any of these? Don't mean to hijack thread - posted in the books section too. Please ignore this if it holds up thread.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Do-Tr...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2AJ73A8VT1ENBRMDGDT7

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Right-Away...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=285KB50FFZFE7T2HVW9D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Leice...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2AJ73A8VT1ENBRMDGDT7

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
anyone here based at Victoria (E) with southeastern? any vacancies in the main roster at the moment? what kind of work do you do there? i've heard they've got an interesting mix of work. Thinking of moving across from another depot.

I believe Vic has just filled up their roster with a number of soon to start / new starters.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Yep but god knows where all the work is coming from. Around 20 new Trainees starting rules in the new year I have heard.

notadriver

Established Member
Slade Green has a few trainees going through at the moment but the depot is pretty much full.
Dartford on the other hand has about 7 or 8 leaving by the end of the year, with trainees already coming through to take their place.
As bionic said they'll re-home the Orpington drivers first (December), it looks to be a bit of a wait for trainees off the street at the moment.

As previously mentioned here, the drivers are unhappy in metroland with many of them putting in for moves to coastal depots...
Charing Cross is having a mass exodus at the moment, I've heard about 15 are leaving up there. (but again any orpy surplus can fill those spaces :-\ )

I'm not sure if they take high speed drivers off the street though? Maybe an avenue of exploration?

High speed drivers off the street? Is that safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.