• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Recruitment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Videoman76

Hi All,

I've been looking on the Southeastern website for trainee train driver vacancys for some time now but I have never seen a vacancy come up. Of the roles that do appear, they seem to be for managers. Do Southeastern tend to recruit for trainee train drivers from within? Unfortunately, since I live in Kent, and considering the tight restrictions on commuting times, Southeastern are really the only TOC I can apply to. Does anyone know whether Southeastern intend to recruit in the near future and is this likely to be advertised on their careers website?

Many thanks.

Videoman

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
They will only recruit drivers should they know that they are going to lose some from their rosters - no point in going through the recruitment process and spending money if you are just going to keep peoples details on file - waste of resources and also theirs and your time.

I have no idea if they advertise or recruit within but they never seem to have many vacancies anyway.

KA4C

They do recruit, but very infrequently these days, as has been said, only where they identify a future need

The last time was to back fill depots due to drivers who moved over to HS

RJ

Established Member
There was a vacancy a few weeks ago for more or less every front line role, to start in the summer. However, it was online for less than a day. If you want a better chance of coming across a vacancy, then you need to bookmark the site and check it every day.

Videoman76

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Shame I missed the 1/2 day advert; I guess I'll keep checking the website. I did email the recruitment email address with a speculative application but since I assume that they get bombarded with peoples' CVs, I wonder whether the 'Delete' button was hit on receiving my application.

Anyway, cheers everyone.

Videoman

Status
Not open for further replies.