• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Refurbished Class 375

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class 466

Established Member
Here's two photos of the interior on 801, Certainly an improvement. The 375/8s have the best Electrostar interior in my (ever so slightly biased) opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_7906.jpg
    IMG_7906.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_7904.jpg
    IMG_7904.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 258
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

387star

On Moderation
Interesting that unlike southern they retain lino in the vestibules instead of carpeting all the way through and they use upholstery instead of flat cloth

The 375/3, /6, /7 and /8 have broadly similar interiors?

The 375/8/9s will be refurbished at the same time. They'll retain the same seats. Although I'm now lead to believe the 375/9s will have just 12 first Class seats behind one of the cabs like the 375/3s - to further increase the standard Class capacity.

375 909 came back today, complete with two first class sections, one at each end.

physics34

Established Member
Here's two photos of the interior on 801, Certainly an improvement. The 375/8s have the best Electrostar interior in my (ever so slightly biased) opinion.

glad they have stopped that gastly table pattern!

Deepgreen

Established Member
I noticed 909 this morning outside Victoria with its two first class sections - very bizarre to have created a single unit of this specification!

MrB

I noticed 909 this morning outside Victoria with its two first class sections - very bizarre to have created a single unit of this specification!

Aren't all of the 375/9 fleet being refurbished with 2 first class sections?

superalbs

Established Member
Aren't all of the 375/9 fleet being refurbished with 2 first class sections?

Every one that has come back so far has, yes.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

I had that unit when I was in Kent.

Couldn't help but notice that First Class had some Standard Class headcushions.

Just goes to show how interchangable the seats really are. :roll:

Last edited:

superalbs

Established Member
Is it me or the refurbished units have comfier seats than the unrefurbished units?

Class 375/3/6/7 all have nice seats, Class 375/8/9 have horrible seats, or in the case of the former, less padding.

Class 375/3/6/7 have all been refurbished, whereas not all Class 375/8/9 have, so that's probably why you think that. ;)

Couldn't help but notice that Fist Class had some Standard Class headcushions.

And likewise some of the now downgraded first class areas on the 375/8s still retain first class headrests. It might be because the 375/8s have hand holds on the headrests themselves but either way it's poor execution and/or quality control on the part of Southeastern.

On a connected note I'm wondering if there are any more changes due with the former first class areas. Some units have retained the first class shading effect on the interior glass between the compartment and the door vestibule, but only at one end of the train. It would seem odd to remove this vinyl type covering from one end only (and it's not just an isolated one or two trains), so perhaps first is moving to one end resulting in even less first class seats?

Class 466

Established Member
And likewise some of the now downgraded first class areas on the 375/8s still retain first class headrests. It might be because the 375/8s have hand holds on the headrests themselves but either way it's poor execution and/or quality control on the part of Southeastern.

On a connected note I'm wondering if there are any more changes due with the former first class areas. Some units have retained the first class shading effect on the interior glass between the compartment and the door vestibule, but only at one end of the train. It would seem odd to remove this vinyl type covering from one end only (and it's not just an isolated one or two trains), so perhaps first is moving to one end resulting in even less first class seats?

Entirely speculative, first class isn't moving anywhere else.

Recently refurbished 375908 was a revelation this evening.

No screeching seat back tables! Could it be the case that Bombardier have finally found a solution to this seemingly impossible problem? :shock::idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.