• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern rolling stock, what's it like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vacuumfriends

Will be driving for Southeatern later in the year, and am wondering what the rolling stock is like?

I read on here somewhere that the trains are hot in the summer and cold in the winter, (is that true?). What are the trains like in general, I know the 375's are going through a facelift at the moment, but haven't heard much about the 376/466/465 which I think being on a metro route I'll be driving mostly.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mintona

Established Member
For driving? They're pretty good. They all have air conditioning and cab heating which works pretty well. Brel 465s have more legroom than MetCams but they still have more than lots of other trains. Decent, fast trains to drive.

Vacuumfriends

@Minota That sounds good. I've heard of quite a few drivers complaining, but having air conditioning, good heating and leg room (something I'd never even considered) makes for good working conditions. Do you have any experience of driving the 466/376/375's?

physics34

Established Member
over on the southern we had to suffer 456 cabs. Networkers must be luxury compared to these!

Vacuumfriends

Yes, this is what I've been hearing especially about the heating being very poor, and drafts! Oh well, better get used to it.

Mintona

Established Member
@Minota That sounds good. I've heard of quite a few drivers complaining, but having air conditioning, good heating and leg room (something I'd never even considered) makes for good working conditions. Do you have any experience of driving the 466/376/375's?

Yes, I've driven all of them.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Networkers have the worst cab heating ever.

Units : 375/376/377 465/466 319 395

They aren't as good as Electrostars admittedly, but I always found them pleasant enough. Certainly compared to some other trains we've got pottering around the country.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.