• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern say NR engineering train on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotGG

Established Member
SE have just tweeted that a fire has broken out on a NR train between Hildenborough and Tonbridge.
https://twitter.com/Se_Railway/status/1052676758229651457
I'm really sorry about this, the trains have been cancelled because of an engineering train on fire near Hildenborough. The 23:39 from London Bridge should run. You can claim Delay Repay compensation here http://ow.ly/Rocw30mh7g9 ^RK

Kent Fire services on scene.

Won't do much to help at the beginning of leaf fall season. How many spare do NR have?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KingJ

I was caught up in this - I was on 2R74, the 2110 London Charing Cross to Ramsgate. We were held for longer than expected at Orpington at which point the guard announced that there was a train on fire between Hildenborough and Sevenoaks. After a while, we moved forward to Sevenoaks where we were held again pending further information and then thankfully onwards to Tonbridge.

The train in question looked to be an MPV. Seemingly extinguished when we went past, but certainly plenty of staff around. I think it was stopped at the access point just to the South of Morley Road.

They're currently running single-line operation between Sevenoaks and Tonbridge, with only the down line in action - with trains towards London running 'wrong direction' on the down line.

Last edited:

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
MPV confirmed to be on fire. SIMBIDS being used Sevenoaks - Tonbridge. Rescue engine from GBRf doing the job.

Established Member
I was caught up in this - I was on 2R74, the 2110 London Charing Cross to Ramsgate. We were held for longer than expected at Orpington at which point the guard announced that there was a train on fire between Hildenborough and Sevenoaks. After a while, we moved forward to Sevenoaks where we were held again pending further information and then thankfully onwards to Tonbridge.

The train in question looked to be an MPV. Seemingly extinguished when we went past, but certainly plenty of staff around. I think it was stopped at the access point just to the South of Morley Road.

They're currently running single-line operation between Sevenoaks and Tonbridge, with only the down line in action - with trains towards London running 'wrong direction' on the up line.
Up trains would be running the correct direction on the up line surely...

2HAP

The SEML is signalled for bi-directional running on both lines at that point. No "wrong line working" needed.

ScotGG

Established Member
Was it badly damaged. How much impact does having one out of action have?

Status
Not open for further replies.