• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twedds74

Thought I'd start a new thread for those of us in the SE talent pool.
I was informed on Thursday this week of my passing the sift and entry into the pool for future vacancies. I've been put down for Ashford or Gillingham, which is great news as these are excellent depots with a good variety of routes.
I would like to try and gauge how many of us on here are in the same position and for which depots. I've already passed the assessments so only have a DMI to overcome.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bozo88

Can you please tell me how you got in to that pool in the first place? Was it from a previous recruitment drive? If so how long ago was it and roughly how often do they have them?

Cheers.

Twedds74

This was from the Orpington future vacancies advertised last December.

Twedds74

I had DMI at Gillingham 3 weeks ago, waiting to hear result.....

Good luck!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well, judging by the response to this post, not many in this tallent pool. So hopefully won't have to wait to long for a call!

Videoman76

Hi All,
I first applied back in summer 2014 for a trainee train driver role at either Dartford or Gillingham (I've applied for both depots at one time or another). I attended the assessment centre in December 2015 (for Dartford) and was told a few days later that I had been successful. I'm now waiting for the interview (DMI) and received an email a few weeks ago saying that my details will be held on the system for 3 years. One thing; I see on the application portal that I'm now down for Gillingham instead of Dartford (for which I sat the assessment). Not that this matters as either is good for me but has anyone else had this happen? I wouldn't want to miss out on a Dartford vacancy if one came up before Gillingham! Take care and all the best with your applications.

Twedds74

Hi All,
I first applied back in summer 2014 for a trainee train driver role at either Dartford or Gillingham (I've applied for both depots at one time or another). I attended the assessment centre in December 2015 (for Dartford) and was told a few days later that I had been successful. I'm now waiting for the interview (DMI) and received an email a few weeks ago saying that my details will be held on the system for 3 years. One thing; I see on the application portal that I'm now down for Gillingham instead of Dartford (for which I sat the assessment). Not that this matters as either is good for me but has anyone else had this happen? I wouldn't want to miss out on a Dartford vacancy if one came up before Gillingham! Take care and all the best with your applications.

I applied for Orpy, but was put in pool for Gill' or Ashford as I live between the 2.

cwjohnstone

Hi All,

Same here Videoman, I applied for Dartford when they recruited August 2014, I got moved to future vacancies at Gillingham about 3 weeks before I was invited for assessment centre! Drivers must live within 10 miles of the depot and they're quite strict on it. If you've been moved from Dartford to Gillingham then that can only be a good thing in the fact that you've probably been shortlisted. Are you more than 10 miles from Dartford? They give a little leeway but not a lot....

paulscott04

Hi All

Wondered if anyone has any idea on current timescales. I passed the assessment day and currently waiting on interview with a driver manager. Anyone know how long the wait between stages are?

Twedds74

Hi All

Wondered if anyone has any idea on current timescales. I passed the assessment day and currently waiting on interview with a driver manager. Anyone know how long the wait between stages are?

Knowing Railway recruitment it could be years!

Bromley boy

Established Member
Yeah I've been told it takes a while and from someone who recently passed his training he told me not to contact them as you go to the back of the queue

I would take that with a very large pinch of salt! Don't badger them, obviously, but politely checking in every few weeks does no harm.

How long it actually takes will depend on the depot and the capacity for trainees in the training school. Quite a lot of trainees at all stages of the training process at the moment.

paulscott04

Morning All, has anyone had any updates or heard of when the next stage will be happening for those that past the assessment day back in March? Awaiting driver manager interview?

Nkay11

Hi All,

Same happened to me. Passed assessments in December and been waiting since. Really hope i hear soon!

PaulO76

I'm looking for a complete career change and wondered if anyone knew how often SE recruit and if there are any particular months of the year the adds come out. Many thanks in advance.

Videoman76

Could be a coincidence but I applied in August 2013 and August 2014 (I think) and so I guess you'll have to wait a couple of months to see if recruitment opens this August. Good luck with any applications you make.

Btw: still no news for me regarding interview having passed assessment centre in December 2015. Anyone else any news?

All the best! Videoman 76.

PaulO76

Could be a coincidence but I applied in August 2013 and August 2014 (I think) and so I guess you'll have to wait a couple of months to see if recruitment opens this August. Good luck with any applications you make.

Btw: still no news for me regarding interview having passed assessment centre in December 2015. Anyone else any news?

All the best! Videoman 76.

Many thanks I'll keep a look out

Status
Not open for further replies.