• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern "the best, most on-timest railway"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ert47

I love how he comments about clean carriages when he has his shoes on the seats :lol:

12CSVT

Established Member
"the best, most on-timest railway"
"clean carriages"

"...and precocious kids telling railwaymen with 40+ years experience how to do their jobs"

Knowing some TOCs, he'll probably be appointed MD in the next 5 years.

All Line Rover

Established Member
It's obviously a joke.

"I want to work for Southeastern in 12 years!" (2008 video)

Err... yes, of course. Even though the franchise expires in 2014...

ert47

It's obviously a joke.

"I want to work for Southeastern in 12 years!" (2008 video)

Err... yes, of course. Even though the franchise expires in 2014...

shush! Dont let him hear you say that! You dont want to ruin his dream, do you? :lol:

Wath Yard

It's obviously real, unless SouthEastern allow little kids to wander around their depots with camera crews, but not an advert. It's some internal staff motivation film.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Definitely an internal staff film. It gets better halfway through, as it starts talking about staff working as a team, running trains on time etc.

VTPreston_Tez

0:47 where the kid swears is a complete gem!

I take it Southeastern give out cookies.[/sarcasm]

After these two star moments, the advert just sucked. I personally liked Southeastern before seeing this, but this advert made me think otherwise. Why brag about stuff you can't even pull off?
Welcome to Southeastern...

Jonfun

Established Member
0:47 where the kid swears is a complete gem!

I take it Southeastern give out cookies.[/sarcasm]

After these two star moments, the advert just sucked. I personally liked Southeastern before seeing this, but this advert made me think otherwise. Why brag about stuff you can't even pull off?
Welcome to Southeastern...

Just to be a bit picky, at 0:47, he says "But..."?

pendolino

That is fairly obviously aimed at SE staff for briefing days etc. We've had similar things at my TOC, but none as good as that, I thought it was great!

OMGitsDAVE

This is quite frustration. This is a great motivational tool to the staff of SouthEastern, as it highlights how working together and being a part of it helps everything run that little bit smoother. It's not meant to be for us, as it's obviously more about running a good company as one.

It's a great film to members of SouthEastern, and helps to motivate them to keep it up.

What an excellent little film. Well done to whoever wrote and directed it. It makes the point completely.

Mintona

Established Member
If it's the one with the little boy and the chocolate chip cookies (I can't watch right now) then yes it is a staff-motivational film, and was/is shown to all staff on induction to the company.

Galvanize

I remember seeing that advert being played at a Careers Fair held at the Excel Centre in East London back in 2008 I think. Southeastern and Southern, plus First Group, Network Rail, TfL and Tubelines all had some stands among lots of other career choices, in a bit to attract people leaving school etc etc.

An ex colleague who now works for Southeastern was really fond of that advert, so everytime I come across him, we greet eachother with "Chocolate Chip Cookies!!" :D

Do they even sell those on the trolleys anymore? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.