• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern - Train Movements Apprentice

Status
Not open for further replies.
A reasonably interesting opportunity to get started on the train driving ladder.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DA1

Exploitative title and money but great job.
Recommend if you can afford the salary.

NorthernTech

How do you afford to live near London on £18k? And only 24 days hol including bank hols? I hope they have a clear promotion path to full driver! o_O

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
How do you afford to live near London on £18k? And only 24 days hol including bank hols? I hope they have a clear promotion path to full driver! o_O

It's an apprentice role so that's how its done. I imagine there's a significant salary progression although the job advert also says "temporary".

NorthernTech

It's an apprentice role so that's how its done. I imagine there's a significant salary progression although the job advert also says "temporary".
Its all experience I suppose, and you never know whether the temporary status may change for the right person.

DA1

No significant salary progression unless there’s a permanent position for you to go into and that’s not guaranteed. They’ve gone this route rather than recruiting trainee shunter drivers. But still it’s a great job, would recommend it to anyone and there is progression into mainline as I made that move.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.