• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern BML May Timetable changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class377/5

Established Member
Given the need to withdraw the two extended GatEx services, to make the BML timetable work, where is the capacity for all the extra Thameslink services post-2018?

Extra services would these be? No additional services planned in this CP.

Now that the 07:13 has been cut from the timetable I won't have that option and I can see the 07:17 being even more packed out due to Southerns Instruction!
I did tweet Thameslink on Monday to ask if this service would become a 12 carriage train (it is currently an 8) and they replied back to say they "don't know"......... which doesn't fill me with confidence! :|

Should be 2016 when the 700s replace the current stock.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bishopstone

Established Member
Think you've confused extra capacity with extra services. Idea is everything outside the Metro area in Sussex 12 in peak.

I'll check when I've got more time, but I recall on the class 700 thread I was told by industry sources that the Thameslink Littlehampton trains would be in addition to the Southern LBG workings, not instead of.

Stats

I'll check when I've got more time, but I recall on the class 700 thread I was told by industry sources that the Thameslink Littlehampton trains would be in addition to the Southern LBG workings, not instead of.
whether thats the case or not the fact remains that there are proposed to be more Thameslink services from Littlehampton than Southern currently run to London Bridge.

Bishopstone

Established Member
whether thats the case or not the fact remains that there are proposed to be more Thameslink services from Littlehampton than Southern currently run to London Bridge.

That may be where I have become confused.

In which case, though - returning to my point - there will be more trains on the southern part of the BML in 2018 than there is now, yes?

Minstral25

Established Member
Think you've confused extra capacity with extra services. Idea is everything outside the Metro area in Sussex 12 in peak.

So does that mean the current one or two trains per hour in the morning peak and 2 trains per hour return from Redhill route to London Bridge is to continue? (yes we get four trains per hour off-peak which is rather stupid but the way it is)

We understood we would get 4 trains per hour when Thameslink is delivered all day not just off-peak. That is extra services surely outside the Metro area?

Class377/5

Established Member
So does that mean the current one or two trains per hour in the morning peak and 2 trains per hour return from Redhill route to London Bridge is to continue? (yes we get four trains per hour off-peak which is rather stupid but the way it is)

We understood we would get 4 trains per hour when Thameslink is delivered all day not just off-peak. That is extra services surely outside the Metro area?

I understand it, is 2tph peak service beyond London Bridge. I honest don't know if they are via Redhill or not but would think not.

Off peak I'm not sure I can talk about tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.