• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

southern emu's nse connex ect my kit bashing and scratch building work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter C

Established Member
Now that's looking really good - I've enjoyed watching the work you've done on your stock. Network SouthEast is always brilliant to see as well. :)

-Peter

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

VEP3417

thanks, ive changed the colour pallet over the last few builds to my own mix of red and blue to make it look more faded and washed out, the red is almost pink :lol:

bit more work on the 4tc, started on the roofs, used water based paint, and a brown wash over it, then terps to wipe the wash off as it was a bit excessive and it started to peal some of the roof grey off when wiping the terps off which looks quite realistic

Attachments

• DSCF2462.JPG
    DSCF2462.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

VEP3417

made a start on the 307 centre car, had a end part left over from the pantograph car conversion so grafted it on to a trailer end of an epb and made a centre car

Attachments

• DSC_0001ccrp (84).JPG
    DSC_0001ccrp (84).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0001ccrp (86).JPG
    DSC_0001ccrp (86).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0001ccrp (87).JPG
    DSC_0001ccrp (87).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

VEP3417

its a bit tricky as it has little V clips all the way along the inside, which you always brake a few by pushing them with a screwdriver to pop the roof up but you can always glue the roof down at the very end if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.