• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern EMU's Slam Door stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWT158

I am planning to commence a project and a very tall one it is on
the history of the old slammers, bascally the 4 Cep.Cig,Vep,Rep,TC
would like to make up a history on each unit, formation changes, re numbering, depot allocation livery and of course the end of there life
very tall order i know but where do i start
any good web sites,
i was a requlare traveler on these when lived down south,and i have a large photo collection and thought be nice to have a history on each one
any help please out there

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
would like to make up a history on each unit, formation changes, re numbering, depot allocation livery and of course the end of there life
any good web sites,
i was a requlare traveler on these when lived down south,and i have a large photo collection and thought be nice to have a history on each one

Don't forget the HAP's and DEMU's. These were a very important part of outer London slam door services on the Southern Region.

This website's quite handy:

http://www.kentrail.org.uk/motive_power_index.htm

Last edited:

Ashley Butlin

any good web sites,

You need my series of books on British Multiple Units! Most of the information you require is there with the exception of allocations and liveries. Volume 1 covers DMUs and DEMUs; Volume 2 EPBs, Haps, Saps and Caps; Volume 3 Classes 302-395; Volume 4 Classes 410-490/508.

Good luck with allocations and liveries. The information is available but was beyond the scope of my books.

John55

any good web sites,

I would suggest looking at the Southern Electric Groups website. As noted above there are some books around on the subject and I am sure all the info you want should be available in some form.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Yes, they also have a good page detailing the whereabouts of remaining slammers.

Status
Not open for further replies.