• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Keycard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Mayen

I've recently purchased a smart ticket from a Southern ticket office. They added the ticket to my Keycard themselves (which is new, at least to me-how long have they been able to do this?).

My concern is that, although ticket gates worked every time and I've not been charged anything through my keygo account, at no point could I check to see if I'd been sold the correct ticket. Is anyone aware how I could have done so? (NB: I've tried the ticket machines and looked online, it doesn't show in either).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BigB

I've recently purchased a smart ticket from a Southern ticket office. They added the ticket to my Keycard themselves (which is new, at least to me-how long have they been able to do this?).

My concern is that, although ticket gates worked every time and I've not been charged anything through my keygo account, at no point could I check to see if I'd been sold the correct ticket. Is anyone aware how I could have done so? (NB: I've tried the ticket machines and looked online, it doesn't show in either).
Having had a quick look on Soithern website, it's not in the frequently asked questions but it does give you the option to ask this directly, and this is worth doing as it may lead into it being added as a FAQ as well.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
One option, if you have a supported Android phone, is to download the Rambus Smart Ticket Checker app from the Play Store. That'll show you broadly the same information as ticket checking staff can see on their apps.

Alternatively, visit a Ticket Office that can sell tickets to Smartcards and they should be able to read the card and see what's on there.

Wallsendmag

Established Member
One option, if you have a supported Android phone, is to download the Rambus Smart Ticket Checker app from the Play Store. That'll show you broadly the same information as ticket checking staff can see on their apps.

Alternatively, visit a Ticket Office that can sell tickets to Smartcards and they should be able to read the card and see what's on there.
Works with iPhones now as well

island

Veteran Member
The Southeastern app will also read the card if you have a compatible phone.

Jan Mayen

Thank you for the replies. I've had a reply from Southern:
I can see that a lot of the actual details of your Return ticket is not showing up properly so this would prevent you from viewing the correct details of the ticket.

I have raised this issue with our technical team to find out why the ticket details are not properly shown for you, and as soon as I hear back from them, I will be in contact to let you know the outcome.

Joshua_Harman

Works with iPhones now as well
The IPhone Version Does Not Give You As Much Information, It Will Tell You The Ticket Types On The Card But With The Android Version You Can Click On The Ticket And It Will Show You Transactions,And Detailed Ticket Info Something That The IPhone Version Does Not Do, That Said Rambus Is An Extremley Useful App!

Status
Not open for further replies.