• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern metro services out of London Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NSE

Established Member
A mix of 377 and 455. You’ll also see the 171’s there for Uckfield services. I know the Caterham/Tattenham Corner splitter is 2x3776/7 and the Beckenham Junction via Tulse Hill and the Outer Loop to Victoria via Crystal Palace both tend to be 455. All other routes can be either. They may have more specific booked workings but both stock are cleared for all metro routes.

NSE

Established Member
Indeed. The inner south London line (London Bridge to London Victoria via Denmark Hill) was often a single 456. But with LO taking the service and the 456’s going to SWR that no longer happens!

joncombe

Indeed. The inner south London line (London Bridge to London Victoria via Denmark Hill) was often a single 456. But with LO taking the service and the 456’s going to SWR that no longer happens!
At least some of these also ran through to Charing Cross I believe?

joncombe

Sorry I stand corrected. I couldn't remember the exact routes they operated but I do remember seeing the Southern 456 going to/from Charing Cross.

Aictos

Established Member
A mix of 377 and 455. You’ll also see the 171’s there for Uckfield services. I know the Caterham/Tattenham Corner splitter is 2x3776/7 and the Beckenham Junction via Tulse Hill and the Outer Loop to Victoria via Crystal Palace both tend to be 455. All other routes can be either. They may have more specific booked workings but both stock are cleared for all metro routes.
At the moment, that isn't exactly correct due to the weekday amended service so let me explain:

You have 3 peak only London Bridge to Crystal Palace services which are formed of two pairs of Class 377/6s or Class 377/7s and one which is formed of two Class 377/3s with a Class 377/4 so all 10 cars.

You have the hourly Uckfield which sees the 06:07 as a 8 car, the 07:07 as a 6 car and the 08:07 as a 8 car to which they stay in that formation all day except for the 08:07 set which upon it's return to London Bridge has 4 cars go ECS (Empty Coaching Stock) to Selhurst Depot and the remaining 4 cars form the 11:07.

You have Epsoms at xx:25 and xx:55 all day except for the 07:25 which doesn't run with the first two of the day extended to Dorking, all services
are usually formed of two Class 377/3s with a Class 377/1 or 377/4.

You have 4 peak only Sutton services that are usually formed of a pair of 377/1s or 377/4s.

The Coulsdon Town is half hourly and is usually a pair of Class 455s but today for example saw Class 377614 on one of the diagrams.

The Caterham via Norbury is also half hourly and is usually a pair of Class 455s.

The Beckenham Junction services don't run at the moment neither do the Purley services to Caterham/Tattenham Corner as they only run on weekends.

I hope that throws some light onto the OP's question?

Status
Not open for further replies.