• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern query

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Greetings all,

I have noticed that RealTimeTrains includes, for the new May timetable (should things go ahead as planned), a considerable number trains operated by Southern between Milton Keynes and East Croydon which allows Southern to venture what is, I think, the unfamiliar territory of the railway lines north of Euston and up towards Rugby.

RTT says that the new services are pathed for EMUs operating at 100mph maximum. Anyone know what class and what formation?

Cheers,
Dave

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I13

It's not new, it's been running for years. But for your information, they're typically 2x377/2 formations (8 cars). Not running in full in the current Covid timetable, just between Watford and Clapham, when they usually run Milton Keynes to East Croydon.

Neptune

Established Member
The last time I travelled from Watford to Shepherds Bush and back (3 years ago) on one of these services it was a single 377/6 in both directions.

Fincra5

Established Member
The last time I travelled from Watford to Shepherds Bush and back (3 years ago) on one of these services it was a single 377/6 in both directions.

Would have been a 377/7 as the 6 series are DC only.

big all

On Moderation
The original service when it started in the 90s was Brighton to Rugby with 319s over the years it was contracted a bit.

Recessio

London Overground were talking about taking it over as part of a push for more metro services, and contracting it further to be just Watford Junction-East Croydon.

Status
Not open for further replies.