• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern suburban brances to be Londonised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
As of 02/01/06, all stations on the Caterham, Tattenham Corner and Epsom Downs branches will be in Zone 6.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
In a few weeks, will we have Edinburgh in Zone 27?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This must be amazing news to the people who live at those stations, as it would decrease the costs of their commute dramatically.

It almost seems too good to be true - there must be a catch, surely?

I predict this is done in preperation for TfL to take over those lines.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I've found the catch ;)

http://*******.com/dragj

Julian G

Established Member
Galvanize said:
joea1 said:
As of 02/01/06, all stations on the Caterham, Tattenham Corner and Epsom Downs branches will be in Zone 6.

finally!

And then Dartford, Watford etc...
Slough then Birmingham New Street taking over the Centro-card zones ;)

Sprinter

Waltham Cross should join the Travelcard zones. The bus station just across the road is in the Travelcard zones but the train station is not!

I appreciate Waltham Cross is just in Hertfordshire but why can you use a Travelacrd on most of the buses in the town but not on the train?

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
brilliant! i can now higlight the line without seperate tickets, but i suspect the price of a travelcard will now go up

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sprinter said:
I appreciate Waltham Cross is just in Hertfordshire but why can you use a Travelacrd on most of the buses in the town but not on the train?

Probably because Herts CC do not pay enough money to subsidise the trains as well, one of the reasons for the additional zones at the end of the Met, in Herts & Bucks.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
About time! I can FINALLY do Epsom Downs, Tattenham Corner and Caterham! Only one I'll need extra tickets for will be Shepperton!

ChrisM

Makes the travelcard even better value although i take it the price will rise.

ChrisM

Pretty good.
Whenever i go to London i get a add on from Bournemouth so the travelcard normally only costs an extra £1.50. :)

RJ

Established Member
I've just discovered that adult bus singles will go up to £1.50. Also, what will happen to the 407 (Sutton-Croydon-Caterham)? They'll probably shorten or reduce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.