• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Trainee Train Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknockable

Got my rejection today. Bloody hell, I really thought my application was solid lol.
I done it all...CV, Cover letter, No convictions, answered all the competency questions thoroughly. I do wonder if they prefer applicants that do not come from a railway background as I do.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

joshuan542

I have yet to receive my southern rejection, I'm waiting, although I do have a background of working in safety critical roles (pilot training), Working within operations at a helicopter company and also I have been within customer service roles for years also. But I feel my application wont hold strongly against most, would be good to know what you all think given the above points?

KelBoMan

I’ve not had my rejection yet for Southern either. I’m waiting though now I’ve said this! I’m already in a talent pool for GTR, having passed everything there. Guess we’ll see. I’m not from a railway background either but plenty of cust service and safety roles.

TimD

I’ve not had my rejection yet for Southern either. I’m waiting though now I’ve said this! I’m already in a talent pool for GTR, having passed everything there. Guess we’ll see. I’m not from a railway background either but plenty of cust service and safety roles.

What does it mean that you’re in the talent pool?

Bonneville91

I know it's onky been 20 days since closing but just wondering if anyone has been invited to assessment as of yet? I ask because I don't have to sit these again but it'll give me a gauge as to where they're at.

I'm sure it's still the initial sift as there's around 3600 applications to go through.

1812_s

3600 woah

I've not received anything yet regarding assessment :s

I applied on 3rd feb

TimD

I’m still waiting to hear too. I guess 3600 applications explains why!

Bonneville91

I’m waiting to hear too. How do you know it’s 3600?
My friend received this when he challenged his rejection through the sift. It is only a small portion of what he received ....

"Thank you for your email. We are not able to provide specific feedback at the application stage, but with over 3600 people applying for this role, there are many reasons why your application may have been declined."

KelBoMan

Oh I see.
I don’t have to do the assessments either as I’ve already passed them. I’ve read on here many have already been rejected. So I’ll be amazed if I get through !

Bonneville91

Yeah, I lost a lot of hope hearing that people that have already passed assessments plus MMI (I haven't been so lucky) were rejected. Still fingers crossed eh?

Bonneville91

On my last lifeline for MMI, that's what I meant about not being confident as those that have passed this got rejected. Done the psychometrics and passed just not MMI

TimD

I would have thought it’s more likely that you’ve passed the longer it goes on, especially if only unsuccessful people have been informed so far?

KelBoMan

Maybe so. But not sure I want to count my chickens yet! I’ve already passed DMI and MMI so not sure where I’ll fit in.

TimD

I have just received this reply. I’m absolutely gutted.
Am I right in thinking that they haven’t even looked at all of the applications?

Dear Candidate

Thank you for submitting an application to GTR/2271 Trainee Train Driver.

We have received over 3600 applications for this role and due to our recruitment requirements for this year, it will not be possible to process all of the applications.

Therefore, your application will be placed on hold until the first batch of candidates have been assessed and passed through the process. I expect the first phase of recruitment to take around six months.

We will keep you updated with the progress of your application over the coming months.

I’d like to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards

GTR Recruitment Team

Marvin1979

have you already passed any assessments?
I read it that it means we'll join the process after they've put everyone else through the initial phases?

I have just received this reply. I’m absolutely gutted.
Am I right in thinking that they haven’t even looked at all of the applications?

Dear Candidate

Thank you for submitting an application to GTR/2271 Trainee Train Driver.

We have received over 3600 applications for this role and due to our recruitment requirements for this year, it will not be possible to process all of the applications.

Therefore, your application will be placed on hold until the first batch of candidates have been assessed and passed through the process. I expect the first phase of recruitment to take around six months.

We will keep you updated with the progress of your application over the coming months.

I’d like to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards

GTR Recruitment Team

TimD

No, this is my initial application and I haven’t done any assessments.
I read it to mean that they hadn’t looked at it.
Maybe I should have submitted my application straightway, but I used all the available time to make it as good as I could.

KelBoMan

I see my application has not moved on the slider thing on my online job account. So at least it hasn’t gone to unsuccessful or anything. Not that I even see that on the scale!

TimD

I see my application has not moved on the slider thing on my online job account. So at least it hasn’t gone to unsuccessful or anything. Not that I even see that on the scale!

Mine is the same. I don’t think they’ve looked at ours.
When did you submit it out of interest? Mine was at 6pm on 06/02.

TimD

Maybe they looked at them all then and just picked the best ones.

1812_s

Hi all

Found out that they should be sending online situational judgement tests out Wednesday this week and assessment dates for around April.

This is what i was told when I rang up. Really hope it's true :D

Status
Not open for further replies.