• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Trainee Train Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Danielle29

Can anyone give any idea's of what sort of questions to expect on the online assesment please?

Bonneville91

Can anyone give any idea's of what sort of questions to expect on the online assesment please?
I'm yet to do mine, been putting it off for a few days. From what I was told about 3 hours ago is that it's some statements and you agree, strongly agree, disagree or strongly disagree. Can't confirm that yet though

Bridger

Please don't put it off guys and girls. Companies can close off assessments and applications at any time; regardless of a advertised end date. Best to get it done as soon as possible to be on the safe side.

Please don't put it off guys and girls. Companies can close off assessments and applications at any time; regardless of a advertised end date. Best to get it done as soon as possible to be on the safe side.

BIG +1 to this... there are many tales of woe on here regarding putting the assessments off!

maps87

I did the assessment last night and you can't really prepare for it. It consisted of the following sort of tasks:

* Situations
* Agree/disagree statements
* Select the top three and bottom three from a series of statements

Bonneville91

I'll crack on with that today then o_O

It recommends using a computer, wondering if anyone has used a tablet or phone and it wasn't an issue?

I'll crack on with that today then o_O

It recommends using a computer, wondering if anyone has used a tablet or phone and it wasn't an issue?

Most of the ones I've done are optimised for a computer screen and a mouse, however a tablet (10") will probably get by. I wouldn't use a phone unless you absolutely have no other option

Bonneville91

I've done mine ,
Says should hear within 10 days
All sorted now, I've done the exact same thing before but I can't put my finger on where. Maybe the assessment day but I know those questions have come up before. Very open to debate in my opinion some of the choices but again I may have messed up :'(

HelloHi

Yeah , was familiar to me too, hope I answered them the same as last time.
Few tricky questions ..

Adam Mcgregor

Hello everyone
Does anyone know if it is an issue having two applications in at the same time with different companies. Do you have to let each of them know.
Thanks Adam

Bridger

Hello everyone
Does anyone know if it is an issue having two applications in at the same time with different companies. Do you have to let each of them know.
Thanks Adam
No need to let them know, unless you've already passed one/ both of the OPC assessments. In which case let the other company know as they may be more interested in you seeing as they wouldn't have to pay for the assessment themselves. :D

Adam Mcgregor

Hello
OPC have told me I can only have one application running. I am torn I have passed the paper sift for Southern and the first stage for Freightliner. Any thoughts from anyone around this.
Thanks

Railfan132

Did anyone hear back? I completed my online questionnaire on 15th Friday but haven't heard anything back yet. It did say 10 working days for response.

HelloHi

Not heard anything either. Think closing date was the 28th maybe it's 10 days from then?

Tomo1062

Interesting to see they are now advertising for qualified drivers in Southern !

Status
Not open for further replies.