• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Trainee Train Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quin79

Just had my rejection for the 2nd set of tests, although I have a trainee driver start date with my current TOC, so I'm in the lucky position to not be bothered. :)

Good luck all!

Good on you for getting a start date with another TOC....just goes to show how flawed this process can be. Doesn't make sense that a person can get the job with one TOC and not even get to an assessment centre with another. Madness eh. Was quite quick to hear back after the second test. I've just checked my email and nothing as yet

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Quin79

Damn, I got my rejection email too. Annoyingly, living in Brighton there's no other option but to wait for GTR to recruit again, as I'm too far from other TOC or FOC depots.

It won't count against you re your two chances though eh? Just a shame have to wait 6 months

casterlyrock

Surely since it’s electronic, or Online, and the results are given instantly... I really don’t see why letting us know one by one.

Quin79

Surely since it’s electronic, or Online, and the results are given instantly... I really don’t see why letting us know one by one.

Maybe it isn't just about the result of that specific test. No idea to be honest but maybe they look at everything the candidate has done so far ? Who knows....

KeKe Real

I got the rejection email too. Such a shame. Good luck everyone still in the running.

Me too. I thought I did well, but I was wrong. I wanted to make my daughters proud but will have to do it another way. I’m so disappointed but when one door closes another one will open.

Quin79

Me too. I thought I did well, but I was wrong. I wanted to make my daughters proud but will have to do it another way. I’m so disappointed but when one door closes another one will open.

Hey don't feel bad. Look at the major positives. So many did not even get through the sift. So a major well done. You'll come back knowing what to expect next time. Good luck

casterlyrock

Man don’t let it bother you. It’s impossible for anyone to be 100 percent prepared. You will make it. Just don’t give up. Your daughters will be prouder if you don’t give up

Bridger

Bridger out of curiosity why did you apply then :)
I applied to every single TOC I could. I think it's pretty much a numbers game. I also passed everything with GWR and was awaiting a start date, but my TOC has pulled through instead now (which I'm happy with as I did want to stay with my TOC) :) .

Wayne Cooke

I got an email this afternoon stating that I’ve passed... Presumably, an invitation for an assessment day is next?

Thanks

HelloHi

I received my unsuccessful email today, bit gutted but I'll just try again next time :(

joystick

I applied to every single TOC I could. I think it's pretty much a numbers game. I also passed everything with GWR and was awaiting a start date, but my TOC has pulled through instead now (which I'm happy with as I did want to stay with my TOC) :) .
Is that Swr ?

Bridger

Is that Swr ?
Yep, I've been a guard with them for just over two years now. Did my first assessments with them, then MMI (and interview) with GWR, before passing my final interview with SWR earlier this month. :)

mresh91

I just got the pass email now! Assessment invite pending in the next few months, yay!

I completed the miniSCAAT a few hours before the deadline BTW, if anyone is wondering.

Elrey

I just got the pass email now! Assessment invite pending in the next few months, yay!

I completed the miniSCAAT a few hours before the deadline BTW, if anyone is wondering.

Same! Just got it too. Well done.

Last edited:

RegRail148

I just got the email too to say i passed the MiniScaat and that I will be getting an invite to the Driver Assessment.

This is the furthest I've ever got in the process so very happy, lots of work to do now in preparation.

Elrey

I’ve got an assessment day for SWR next Thursday - I know they run it in-house and all the assessments are in one day, and assuming I pass all off those, will it count for Southern as well? It says in the email that they will accept passes from another TOC or GTR but I don’t think SWR use OPC... I’m anxious to email southern because they I’ve read here that they don’t look favourably upon applying to loads of different TOCs so... any insight into this?

Quin79

Also had the successful email. Agree with previous posts re a lot of work to do now. Well done to everyone

I’ve got an assessment day for SWR next Thursday - I know they run it in-house and all the assessments are in one day, and assuming I pass all off those, will it count for Southern as well? It says in the email that they will accept passes from another TOC or GTR but I don’t think SWR use OPC... I’m anxious to email southern because they I’ve read here that they don’t look favourably upon applying to loads of different TOCs so... any insight into this?
Yes it would count for Southern :)

Status
Not open for further replies.