• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern WCML problems 24/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

oversteer

Seemed to be some issue at Bourne End junction from around 0745 this morning. Everything using the up slow and no movement on the down lines for about 45 minutes. For a good 30 minutes nothing was going through Bourne End junction at all.

Local paper (!) mentions a 'temporary repair' for service today. Doesn't sound good..

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tsr

Established Member
Lots of quite drastic alterations as a result of the delays for Southern services. Apparently one got stuck for 61mins - not sure if that was the longest.

It looks like there was an axle counter failure involved somewhere. Presumably this could well have affected the interlocking across Bourne End Jn. However, I have only skim-read my emails about the incident so far.

tsr

Established Member
It's now been confirmed to me that it was an axle counter failure and that Southern are expected not to suffer any further significant delays if all goes to plan for the rest of the day. Longest delay to Southern was 73mins AFAIK now. Can't speak for other TOCs.

Alistair G.

It was a one of the axle counter heads on the ground that got smashed "some how"

The morning sleeper was bought up fast to up slow at lesbian to try and get the late running 1R04 service past it and make PPM (which it did) and then the sleeper went up slow to up fast at Bourne end behind it,

But due to this head being smashed the axle counter remained occupied which meant the route could not be cancelled.... After that all carnage broke out. I believe 1R05 was probably worst effected.

Just another day in the WCML though :)

Muzer

Established Member
It was a one of the axle counter heads on the ground that got smashed "some how"

The morning sleeper was bought up fast to up slow at lesbian to try and get the late running 1R04 service past it and make PPM (which it did) and then the sleeper went up slow to up fast at Bourne end behind it,

But due to this head being smashed the axle counter remained occupied which meant the route could not be cancelled.... After that all carnage broke out. I believe 1R05 was probably worst effected.

Just another day in the WCML though :)
At lesbian? Auto-correct fail there? ;)

EDIT: Sorry, ninja'd, I'd loaded the page a while back...

Alistair G.

MASSIVE epic fail there.

Sorry chaps, yes it was an auto correrct that i had failed to notice!. Perhaps a good job we dont have a Cont Junction??

it was indeed Ledburn Junction, but i think it will take me a while to live that one down :oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.