• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southwest trains price increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaii2468

Having been overseas for a month, just came back and checked the train price from Staines to London, let's say a Saturday super off peak London 1-6travel card with Network railcard, it went up from £8.00 to £8.45. I have lived in St Albans and it's similar distance to London as the one between London and Staines. However, I checked the same ticket for St Albans and it is still the old price £7.90. Taking that it takes only 22 minutes to London St Pancras VS 63 minutes from Staines to London Waterloo (according to both time tables of 21st Jan,this Saturday) and there are more busy stops in between London and Staines routes to fill up the trains, how can Southwest still raise the price? It's not very fair.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
63 minutes?! It takes between 32-39 normally, the 63 can I assume only come from the engineering works between Barnes and Queenstown Rd (Battersea) this weekend.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
SWT's rise was in line with government policy, and I think it is fair to say that nearly every fare went up on Jan 2nd, not just SWT's. The oddity is really that for some reason FCC's St Albans fare hasn't gone up.

Fares have never borne any direct relationship to the speed of a particular service as far as I am aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.