• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southwest Trains Promotional Day Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shempz

Hi all,

I'm heading to Crewkerne tomorrow from Surbiton, and have purchased an SWT Promotional Day Return. The Restriction Code is "UY". Does anyone know what this means? Does it restrict the time of the specific train mentioned in the itinerary on the planner when booking? The reason I ask, is that there is a slight chance I may have to travel at a different time to the one I planned, and the SWT website did not appear very clear to my untrained eye on whether I have to travel on a specific train (I just might not be very observant though!): http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/126732.aspx

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dgl

Established Member
iirc it is off-peak restrictions west of Clapham junction and super off-peak east (i.e. waterloo/London), the £16 tickets are not tied to a specific train other than it must be operated by south west trains so you should be fine, although if you check the journey planner on the SWT website it should only show the £16 ticket for the trains you are allowed to catch.

Martin66

Hi all,

I'm heading to Crewkerne tomorrow from Surbiton, and have purchased an SWT Promotional Day Return. The Restriction Code is "UY". Does anyone know what this means? Does it restrict the time of the specific train mentioned in the itinerary on the planner when booking? The reason I ask, is that there is a slight chance I may have to travel at a different time to the one I planned, and the SWT website did not appear very clear to my untrained eye on whether I have to travel on a specific train (I just might not be very observant though!): http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/126732.aspx

Thanks in advance.

Does this help? http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/UY

Shempz

Thanks folks.

As I have a Z1-6 annual season, does anyone think I would be able to get a train directly out of Waterloo to Crewkerne with this (Surbiton being in Z6) even if it does not stop at Surbiton, but passes through as it might save me a few mins of travel time - otherwise I'll just get the stopping train from Surbiton to Woking & connect there.

James Wake

That should be fine, condition 19 (c) in the NRCOC permits use of a season and a separate ticket on a non-stop train. I'm sure someone else will confirm as well.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Thanks folks.

As I have a Z1-6 annual season, does anyone think I would be able to get a train directly out of Waterloo to Crewkerne with this (Surbiton being in Z6) even if it does not stop at Surbiton, but passes through as it might save me a few mins of travel time - otherwise I'll just get the stopping train from Surbiton to Woking & connect there.

This is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.