• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Spa Valley Railway Thumper Day - 06/07/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

bromleyboy21

I thought I'd share a few photos (wasn't sure whether to put them here on in the photo forum) from the Spa Valley Railway's Thumper day held on 06/07/12.

To quote: "Running exactly 27 years to the day since 1317 ran the final services on the line between Eridge and Tunbridge Wells, a Special Charter will take passengers back to Eridge again for the first time by DEMU"

The unit is fully restored inside but only half of the external painting could be completed due to the recent wet weather.

A few photos taken at Eridge, full gallery here: http://edboydenphotos.co.uk/photos/wordpress/?page_id=11&album=4&gallery=110

3e3b0646.jpg

3e3b0659.jpg

3e3b0673-cropped.jpg

3e3b0677-cropped.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nice photos. Seems strange seeing blue and grey multiple unit looking so clean and tidy (just because I remember the EMU stock running through Kent 30 years ago).

4SRKT

Established Member
What a beast! Shame to have to see one of the vanquishing 171s in one of the shots though!

Status
Not open for further replies.