• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Space Route for BVE 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitro

I just saw this while browisng another forum, its an Galaxy route made by a Italian author. Heres the link http://www.trenomania.it/bve/eng/index.asp

Code:
This picture has been taken riding Galaxy Railer 999 on Space Route 1.

Yes, it is a route for BVE 4! 

The fantasy of Marchetto, the Italian author of this route, is by sure not limited to pizza and mandolino!

The route is available in the Download area of Bvemania

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
space1.jpg

Nitro

It's a good route, pity the cab screen showed up blue so I had to drive it in a 323 graphics card problem I guess. Abit off topic but does anyone know why I also get a blue screen when using BVE 2 trains with BVE 4 :?:

Coxster

Established Member
Nitro said:
It's a good route, pity the cab screen showed up blue so I had to drive it in a 323 graphics card problem I guess. Abit off topic but does anyone know why I also get a blue screen when using BVE 2 trains with BVE 4 :?:
It's graphics card problem. Try downloading the latest drivers.

Nitro

Yeh but the my grachics card website's drive update is older than my pc :!: :!: :!:

Coxster

Established Member
Nitro said:
Yeh but the my grachics card website's drive update is older than my pc :!: :!: :!:
The age of your PC has nothing to do with the latest drivers. You are solely upgrading the graphics card. My latest graphics card drivers aren't much younger than my PC!

Jim

Established Member
To use BVE2 trains I found you need the colourset to 32 bits

Nitro

Well I updated my drives, I THINK well I uppdated something anyway but still no effect but another thing I noticed was that when the souds and panel are loaded they get loaded from the BVE directory then from the Temp folder... :?

EDIT: Jim it is 32 bits

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
my laptop won't even run bve2 properly let alone bve4 :( sis onboard graphics - which I was told are the best but the new drivers didn't change a thing so I won't be playing this anytime soon :(

Nitro

I got SiS too, guess they are the worst because I cant run BVE 2 trains in BVE 4 and cant run the Class 117 beta either :roll:

devon_metro

Established Member
Bulit in graphics seems to cause the problems. Hmm i think if i'm feeling incredibly bored i will try this route, looks very....(how can i put this) different!

devon_metro

Established Member
Nitro said:
I got SiS too, guess they are the worst because I cant run BVE 2 trains in BVE 4 and cant run the Class 117 beta either :roll:

I have an SIS 661FX and seem to have no problems, the only train i cannot run with a lot of tweaking is the 117 BETA which i am annoyed about!

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
Nitro said:

I have an SIS 661FX and seem to have no problems, the only train i cannot run with a lot of tweaking is the 117 BETA which i am annoyed about!

I have the 661MX and it seems to have problems as far as transparencies are concerned, I'll post some screenies if I get a chance.

Nitro

How did you get it to work :?: I kept gettin an error that some wiper bitmap is missing and also can you run BVE 2 trains in BVE 4 :?: :?:

Tom B

Established Member
Onboard graphics are commonly used on laptops because traditionally a laptop was just used for editing etc. Now it's used for anything a desktop is, so an onboard card is a problem for 3d games etc.

devon_metro

Established Member
Nitro said:
How did you get it to work :?: I kept gettin an error that some wiper bitmap is missing and also can you run BVE 2 trains in BVE 4 :?: :?:

I didn't get it to work, it's the only train that will not run! I also got the wiper error, renamed the file to where the error was pointing to. Didn't change anything though!

Nitro

Sigh, well atleast im not the only one :P. Anyway I bet you can run BVE 2 trains in BVE 4...

T

Tom

The reason for this is that they are in 32-bit, use Irfanview to convert to standard BVE colours (256?)

The HST will have this problem too probably.

Nitro

Ok thanks TC but whats Irfanview and how do i use it to convert the colours. Thanks :P

Coxster

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
Nitro said:
Sigh, well atleast im not the only one :P. Anyway I bet you can run BVE 2 trains in BVE 4...
No! Although i don't think this is possible, is it?
You can actually, although you won't get any active safety systems and the panel will appear blurred as it is a totally inconsisteant resolution as BVE2 has the side and bottom bars. 440*480 IIRC.

devon_metro

Established Member
Coxster said:
dvn1357 said:
Nitro said:
No! Although i don't think this is possible, is it?
You can actually, although you won't get any active safety systems and the panel will appear blurred as it is a totally inconsisteant resolution as BVE2 has the side and bottom bars. 440*480 IIRC.

I noticed this when trying the 87 route for Maybank

Tom B

Established Member
To the poster who asked what Irfanview was: have you never heard of Google?

(I thought RTFM would be a bit too rude, anyway it's Christmas and I'm happy (ish)!)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Wish I could play it, but my PC can't handle BVE2 any more, so BVE4 is not useable. Pity, as I'd love to drive this new route!

Status
Not open for further replies.