• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AY1975

Established Member
Today I noticed a copy of the Daily Mirror for sale with what I presume was the same offer advertised on the front page (£10 for a Northern day ticket, £17.50 for a weekend ticket).

I didn't know the Daily Mirror participated in this offer or even that it was owned by National World or Reach plc. It's not on either of the lists of participating papers on the Northern website. Not sure if it's in the Mirror every day that tokens are on sale or only certain days.

peri

Today I noticed a copy of the Daily Mirror for sale with what I presume was the same offer advertised on the front page (£10 for a Northern day ticket, £17.50 for a weekend ticket).
That is very good to hear as it is a lot cheaper than the Hull Daily Mail which is £1.65 for 40pp. Presumably just the Northern edition?

mikeg

Established Member
Narrowly missed the Daily Mirror , they'd bundled all the papers up. Anyone have any idea on if there'll be any more tokens published and when? Does it say?

DDB

There is a token in today's Daily Mirror. Page 30. Also big article on Labour's rail announcement so I might even read a bit rather than just rip out the token!

It says "1 token" on the token.so I assume it means that rather than "token 1" so that combined with yesterday's I now have enough rather than needing a specific token 2? Is that what they said last time?

AY1975

Established Member
Another vote of thanks for the Daily Mirror tip. Is it known what days the tokens appear?
I got one today. It says they'll be available until this weekend, so presumably including the Sunday Mirror, whereas for the other participating papers it's until next Friday.