• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Of note is that 3 tokens rather than the usual 2 are required for the Northern offer this time.

northrob

No, it was three tokens for the Johnstone Press papers and two tokens for the Trinity Mirror papers last time.

roversfan2001

Established Member
No, it was three tokens for the Johnstone Press papers and two tokens for the Trinity Mirror papers last time.
The forms were identical barring the names of the two newspaper groups though, and the tokens were identical for every paper and for every offer since the franchise change.

Rail Ranger

Yesterday I picked up a leaflet at Manchester Piccadilly station which gave details of the new Arriva Trains Wales Club 55 offer from today, Sunday 7th January to Saturday 3rd March. The price is £27 return with £1 off for railcard holders. The add-on fare for Northern is £2.50. The usual conditions apply: not before 0930 on Monday to Friday and no restrictions at weekends except travel is not permitted to or from Cardiff on Saturday 3rd February due to a major sporting event. Return travel must be within 8 days. All return travel must be completed by 10th March 2018. The ticket can be purchased on the day of travel and break of journey is allowed. More details are at: https://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/Templates/Club55Home.aspx?pageid=12884903058.

LeylandLen

If I follow the link for Club 55 on ATW in post #3224 I , I can get the ATW Club 55 page , but all attempts to find tickets and train info gets me now where, or I get
404 - File or directory not found.

D6700

The forms were identical barring the names of the two newspaper groups though, and the tokens were identical for every paper and for every offer since the franchise change.
Very useful post - thank you!

And a lot more useful than the Yorkshire Evening Post. I'm glad I decided to check for the token before making a purchase of several papers!

roversfan2001

Established Member
Very useful post - thank you!

And a lot more useful than the Yorkshire Evening Post. I'm glad I decided to check for the token before making a purchase of several papers!
Having just checked the forms, it's the same again this time; only 2 tokens required for the Trinity Mirror form. As the tokens are identical it doesn't matter what newspaper group the paper is actually part of.

D6700

£29 singles with Eurostar.

link.
Unfortunately, I don't think that is quite true - but wish it was. I think it is from £29 each way when making a return trip.

I find it disappointing that Eurostar remain stuck in the past with their fares policy. I would use them a hell of a lot more if their fares weren't based on compulsory returns, with singles commanding a significant premium. Because I live well out of London, I would happily fly out to Europe and get the train back, but with the large premium for Eurostar singles, I almost always end up flying both ways. If I do use Eurostar either way, it is most likely to be with a DB ticket, not a Eurostar one.

Darandio

Established Member
Unfortunately, I don't think that is quite true - but wish it was. I think it is from £29 each way when making a return trip.

How is a £29 single not true? A single is one way.

Oh, I get it now, it must be made as a return trip. Left my original reply as evidence of being a dunce.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
How is a £29 single not true? A single is one way.

Oh, I get it now, it must be made as a return trip. Left my original reply as evidence of being a dunce.

I've had a look for Tuesday 20th February and D6700 is correct. If you book a single journey there are no £29 singles but there is if you book a return journey.

BigCj34

Don't know if this is the right subform for this, but Transpennine Express are giving away cash back again now with TopCashback, with 4.5% on their services and 1% on other services. Plus there is the extra 1% when using a Nectar card.