Special Offers Discussion

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Mojo, 27 Feb 2011.

1. YorkC

YorkC Member

25% off on TPE with Totum/NUS Extra if you're eligible for one of them (as many staff are) but not for a 16-25 railcard.

2. _toommm_

_toommm_ Established Member

But if you have a 16-25 railcard enter TPESTUDENT to bump the discount up from 33% to 50%.

3. DeeGee

DeeGee Member

I have a question about the JPI Media Northern Offer, if I may? I've had a look on Northern's website but not understood. I live just on the edge of the region and our local JPI title isn't included.

If I want a pair of Ranger tickets for a future weekend, for me and my boy, if I buy three identical copies of the Doncaster Free Press as I'm going through the station this Friday, will that give me everything I need to claim the offer, or do I need material from three different weeks?

Might I be able to buy the ticket from the TPE-operated station at Grimsby Town, as there are two different Northern Services running through there?

4. Deerfold

Deerfold Established Member

I've used 3 identical copies of the Yorkshire Evening Post to get my vouchers before now.

You should be able to buy at any staffed station served by Northern.

5. DeeGee

DeeGee Member

Thanks very much. It's very much worth my while going to WHSmith tomorrow then.

6. AnkleBoots

AnkleBoots Member

Have people ever traded Northern newspaper vouchers after the papers stop printing them? (Am concerned about wanting to do a trip on 14 July but having run out of vouchers)

7. skifans

skifans Member

It's the last week for the papers at the moment so they are still being printed, but to answer your question, I've never had any problem doing so. I usually exchange them a day or 2 before when I fancy using them rather then commiting in advance to a date.

8. Iskra

Iskra Established Member

XC have 20% off using code MAY19 if you book by 2/6 and travel before 9/6. You can use the code as many times as you want.

9. AnkleBoots

AnkleBoots Member

Thank you, I meant trading between individuals eg on an auction site

10. mikeg

mikeg Member

Should I be okay using three tokens from different JPI titles ? I've just bought the Ripon Gazette and Harrogate Advertiser, should I simply buy a third JPI paper or am I now looking for two advertisers and gazettes so I can take advantage of the offer (albeit with the ability to do so twice)?

Didn't realise they now had the name of the publication on now you see...

11. BlueFox

BlueFox Member

The terms say: "Affix three tokens from participating newspapers". So I can't see why not.

12. westv

westv Established Member

How long has it been since the last LNER seat sale? Have they actually had one at all?
    Just curious as it's been a long time since there's been anything for my services anyway so I'm not expecting any change on that.

13. adrock1976

adrock1976 Established Member

How on earth are you meant to fit the tokens in the boxed area on the form without trimming the token down to size?

14. YorkC

YorkC Member

This is the last one I can see in my inbox:

"Don’t miss out on our Winter Seat Sale. We’ve got 250,000 tickets up for grabs starting at just £5 each way, for weekday travel between 4 January and 1 March 2019 inclusive. But hurry, you only have until midnight 22 November to book."

15. YorkC

YorkC Member

Although before that VTEC had one this week last year, so...

16. westv

westv Established Member

Thanks.

17. CaptainHaddock

CaptainHaddock Established Member

I was hoping they might put a promo on to mark the launch of the Azumas. There's plenty of publicity posters here in Leeds right now but no sign of a special offer....yet.

18. BlueFox

BlueFox Member

19. ForTheLoveOf

ForTheLoveOf Established Member

This one works with Railcards too. Some amazing bargains to be had - e.g. £5.90 Chester to Leeds!