Special Offers Discussion

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Mojo, 27 Feb 2011.

1. Karl

Karl Member

2. nedchester

nedchester Established Member

It’s not very well advertised.

In fact a friend of mine went to buy one at Crewe last Thursday and they’d not heard of it but we’re happy to issue once he’d shown them the details on his phone.

Don’t know why they don’t do an “East” version or an All Northern version?

3. LeylandLen

LeylandLen Member

Ive never been too impressed with Northerns overall marketing/advertising . Id like an all Northern at a reasonable price, £20 with senior railcard?
    Cant understand why they chose age 55 and over for that offer, I welcome it of course .Not keeen on the 'not before 0930 weekdays ' restriction as others have 0845 or 0900 restriction.Much of Northern network is rural away from conurbations.Id much prefer going Preston to Lakes/coast after 0845 rather than 0930. That 45 mins can make a big difference to your day if over 55 or 65 given us oldies take our time usually !

4. Deerfold

Deerfold Established Member

Presumably they're hoping that anyone who thinks that'll make a big difference to their day will buy a more expensive ticket.

5. skyward

skyward Member

Hello, everyone. I'm looking to purchase a Two Together Railcard with a promo code. I recall there used to be a specific URL on station posters where they give a promo code for a further 3 quid off. The offer seems to have long expired and never renewed since 2016.

https://www.railcard.co.uk/poster/

Any other active codes out there would be very much appreciated!

6. BlueFox

BlueFox Member

If you have Tesco Clubcard points, you can swap them for three times the value to spend on railcards. So you'd just need £10 worth of points to buy the railcard.
    https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/search-results/railcard?search=railcard

7. gazthomas

gazthomas Established Member

A quick Google and I found this code: MYTTR10

It is valid as I just tried it at the "Two Together" website

8. glyn

glyn New Member

Recently I traveled Letchworth to Birmingham via London to Bir Moor St for £15! I thought this good value so thought I would go back there but I cant find fares at this price again! Why?

9. BlueFox

BlueFox Member

As it's a slower route, try putting via Banbury into the journey planner. The normal journey planners just show the faster trains.
    I can see plenty of tickets for less than £15

When are you planning to travel?
    As the tickets at that price are Advances, you need to book ahead, and there's only a limited number. I can see a ticket for £15.90 at 11:59 tomorrow. A lot more availability of cheaper tickets when you look a few weeks ahead.

10. extendedpaul

extendedpaul Member

I specify travel via Solihull to get a Chiltern-set fare to Birmingham Moor Street via Marylebone, which is usually significantly lower than using Virgin from Euston. Chiltern advances are good value and the journey time isn't that much longer.

Banbury or High Wycombe as via points should achieve a similar result.