Special Offers Discussion

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Mojo, 27 Feb 2011.

1. Mainline421

Mainline421 Member

Omio 15% off all routes with code BLACKFRIDAY2019 max total in bakset before discount is 250€. Valid unlimited times until 6 December but may be cut before then.

2. Mainline421

Mainline421 Member

Seatfrog Unlimited £20 first class upgrades for journeys until 31 January . You can also now add flexible tickets without a booking ref so you can use tickets purchased at the station. Or it would even be possible to add a ticket you haven't purchased yet. "Offer valid on select Virgin Trains, GWR and LNER services based on availability"

3. gazr

gazr Member

Got an email from GWR wanting me to renew my season ticket (Exeter St. Davids to Exeter Central MON/TUE/WED & WKND!) on their smart card for next year. It mentioned if I do so, I will receive two free weekend returns anywhere on the GWR network. Anyone done this, and do you get issued the all important Annual Gold Card without any issues?

Network rails states, "If an Annual Travelcard is loaded on to a smartcard or Oyster card, a Gold Record Card will be issued which offers the same benefits as an Annual Gold Card."

4. J.C.

J.C. Member

23% off with Quidco for Omio.
    Ends in six days.

5. James H

James H Member

The TrainPal app has an Advent calendar with daily vouchers.

6. gray1404

gray1404 Established Member

What sort of daily vouchers have people been getting with Train Pal? I've only got £5 off a £25 spend.

Any smaller value ones been given out too?

7. James H

James H Member

Yes I got £2 off £10 - and £3 off £15

8. gray1404

Looks like £10 is the minimum spend, rather then £5.

9. James H

James H Member

I had a £1 off £5 voucher from their Halloween promo.

10. gray1404

Quido is only showing 15% off for Omio.

Also, does Omio stop charging the booking fee if you book on the day of travel?

11. trevmonk

trevmonk Member

When the cashback rates change for Omio at the beginning of the week they seem to be higher for a short while before dropping slightly (although still generous),so it might be 20% on Sunday night and then drop to 15% by Monday afternoon and stay at that rate until the end of the week.

If Quidco are offering a higher rate, (10% or more) then Topcashback will only be giving 5% for that week until they swap over at the end of the week.

Yes, if you book on the day with Omio there are no charges. In the past the booking fee seemed to be a flat 1.5%, but they seem to have a minimum of 50p now.

12. Nunners

Nunners Member

TopCashBack are currently offering 20% cashback with Omio, with various smaller discounts for TPE, Chiltern etc.

13. gray1404

Does Topcashback or Quidco ever offer more then 20% cashback for transactions on Omio or is this unusually high?

14. Mainline421

Mainline421 Member

I've not seen higher than 20%, Omio are making a 15% loss on (and paying ToD fees) for tickets purchased on the day! 10-15% comes around occasionally.

15. trevmonk

trevmonk Member

I have seen 25% cashback being offered for Omio by Perksatwork (a staff benefits scheme that some employers sign up to). That lasted for 2 or 3 weeks and I recall a few days when Topcashback or Quidco briefly went that high too but it's usually 20% max for them now.

However, as rnentioned earlier, the Quidco / Topcashback rate seems to be inflated briefly by a few percent when the rates are adjusted on Sunday. Hence the 23% that someone spotted last Sunday which was gone by Monday.

16. Kite159

Kite159 Veteran Member

How reliable is the tracking and cashback payments though. If there is a history of it tracking but failing to be paid because "another merchant has been paid" (or other similar reason) then they won't be the first company to rope you into buying with the promise of high cashback but that cashback failing to deliver

17. trevmonk

trevmonk Member

I've been using them several times a week for some time buying journeys to work and would say 95% of purchases track and pay without problems. The others have been paid having submitted claims to Topcashback / Quidco.

The downside is their rather clunky website/app, no option to create a basket of several journeys, their inability to offer outboundary Travelcards etc. I expect part of it is the fact they are a German based operation and offering a Europe wide service rather than aiming solely at the UK market.