• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cletus

Established Member

Kite159

Veteran Member
Tempting to use that deal to get ride on some of the Southeastern lines not covered by the Kent Rover but are outside the London Zones.

boyaloud

Well I finally got around to making use of Arriva Wales' £10 birthday offer to visit Swansea from Manchester, a place I'd never visited! 4+a bit hour direct train there, lots of varied, hilly, stunning scenery but quite different to the north! An enjoyable journey, train quite full most of the way but not packed, kept a double seat to myself.

Swansea's a great city with a fantastic waterfront museum, modern but done really well with just the right amount of interactivity. An amazing market hall from 1961 with every stall occupied (!), a buzz, great friendly people + atmosphere. Coming back was over 5 hours as I had to change at Cardiff + then train got in a bit late.

I bought a £16.60 Wrexham General to Wrexham Central monthly season ticket to get the £10 ticket. IN the next fortnight I'll be visiting Cardiff, Newport + Bristol (with additional purchase of a return from Newport to Bristol, think that's the quickest + cheapest way to do it?)

Cletus

Established Member

John @ home

Established Member
There is a limit of one purchase per person and per email address. But my experience is that, when Purchase Limit Reached is encountered, signing out from Amazon allows another family member to use the same computer to make another purchase.

AndyHudds

ji459

Southeastern 25% offer starting Monday for travel 17th March until 21st April.

http://www.southeasternrailway.co.u...er-takes-on-rail-challenge-with-southeastern/

A word of warning for anyone with a Network Railcard looking to take advantage of the 25% offer - the discount is not applied on some journeys. Other railcards appear to be unaffected though (see the attached example of a fare of £5 when a Network Railcard is used vs a fare of £2.45 when a 16-25 railcard is used). I phoned Southeastern a few days ago to let them know, but so far the problem hasn't been resovled.

Attachments

• network railcard.pdf
    95.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 16-25 railcard.pdf
    83.5 KB · Views: 12

Lrd

Established Member
A word of warning for anyone with a Network Railcard looking to take advantage of the 25% offer - the discount is not applied on some journeys. Other railcards appear to be unaffected though (see the attached example of a fare of £5 when a Network Railcard is used vs a fare of £2.45 when a 16-25 railcard is used). I phoned Southeastern a few days ago to let them know, but so far the problem hasn't been resovled.
Aren't there time restrictions in the mornings for Network railcard?

Be3G

Established Member

I raised this with Southeastern a year ago! It's frustrating that it's still not fixed.

Be3G

Established Member
I think I did, but it was several weeks after the offer at the time had ended and contained just the usual customer service waffle. I tried tweeting too (when the offer was still on) but I don't think they understood.

snail

Established Member
Nectar points available to collect from First TOC websites @ 2 points/£. For seasons it's a flat 50 points/weekly, 200 points/monthly and 2,500 points/annual.
Wow! A whole pound's worth of points for renewing my monthly season online.

All Line Rover

Established Member
Nectar points available to collect from First TOC websites @ 2 points/£. For seasons it's a flat 50 points/weekly, 200 points/monthly and 2,500 points/annual.
http://www.firstgroup.com/uktrain/nectar/
MSE claims double points event will kick off from 14th April for a fortnight.

Compared to the East Coast rewards scheme this is pathetic (then again, Nectar itself is pathetic). I can't believe MSE were promoting this.

Even compared to Virgin Traveller, which I don't hold in particularly high regard, this is pathetic. A First Class season ticket holder has the choice of: (a) unlimited Fri-Mon First Class Virgin Trains travel for a year; (b) £12.50 off at Sainsbury's!

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I have been saving my Nectar points for years in the hope that one day some half-decent deals might turn up.

I am still hoping.