• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cletus

Established Member
Another Southeastern offer (not much of one)

http://www.southeasternrailway.co.u...dium=info-button&utm_campaign=valentines-2014

Enjoy Valentine's weekend with 20% OFF Southeastern Weekender online tickets, and 20% OFF selected accommodation and attractions in Kent.

With the Southeastern Weekender ticket, you can travel off-peak on our network on Friday or Saturday and return on Saturday or Sunday, perfect for a romantic break away. Get a special 20% OFF for Valentine's weekend for travel 14-17 February when you buy online.

I'm still waiting for advance tickets!

martinsh

Established Member
LM Great Escape back again (see sticky for link). Conditions appear to be as before EXCEPT the green "travel anytimwe" area has been redrawn to exclude Stafford, Rugby and all stations on the trent valley !

Cletus

Established Member
There's a £9.50 Sun / RSH voucher thing starting tomorrow.
Page 20 of today's paper. Don't know if there's any info online.

Bill Badger

£10 redspottedhanky e-voucher when you make a booking of £40 or more via vouchercodes.co.uk until 7th Feb.

Does anyone know if you have to purchase a single ticket to the value of £40, or whether you can make up the £40 by purchasing more than one ticket; in a single transaction?

The T&Cs aren't really clear on this, referring at one point to 'the value of ticket' and later on to 'a £40 ticket spend'

Cheers

sliver

I think the Sun+ is a separate offer for members and there is also a code collection offer.

I read this on another forum (mse)
The Sun Page 16 Save £9.50 On Train Travel Offer, Token 1 Of
5 Needed, and Todays Code is TR3DGQ full details of
how to claim will be in Wednesdays Sun, the offer is
with www.redspottedhanky.com

pemma

Veteran Member

Cletus

Established Member
Here's another Southeastern offer
http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/destinations/kentcoast
Visit the beautiful Kent coast off-peak for just £10 return when you buy online. There's plenty to see and do - whatever the weather! Tickets are available from London to either Deal, Folkestone, Dover or Margate.

T&C's
National Conditions of Carriage apply
£10 price
Adult Day Return only and journeys cannot be broken (no child ticket, but kids for a quid can be bought from ticket office with this ticket)
No railcards
For travel weekdays after 0900 and anytime on weekends
Online purchase only from Southeastern website
London terminals to either: Margate, Folkestone, Deal or Dover only
Includes high speed services
None refundable, non returnable
For the period 17 February to 16 March 2014 (inclusive)

From my Dover residing point of view, can they just be used the other way around using the return from Dover Priory, then the opposite to return?

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
You cannot use the return portion before using the outward portion. Once you start using the return portion your outward portion ceases to be valid.

Of course there is nothing to stop you using two return tickets and using the return portion of one before using the outward portion of the other. It may still be better value than the normal fare with this offer.

Cletus

Established Member
You cannot use the return portion before using the outward portion. Once you start using the return portion your outward portion ceases to be valid.

Of course there is nothing to stop you using two return tickets and using the return portion of one before using the outward portion of the other. It may still be better value than the normal fare with this offer.

Thanks. Yes, two return tickets totalling £20 is better value for me than the normal fare.

gdale1

Would it be possible to buy 2 return tickets and use for the 9.05 high speed to St Pancras from Ramsgate and return in the evening to Ramsgate. I checked online and noted the promotional price only applies if you use Margate rather than Ramsgate.

Last edited:

AndyHudds

Would it be possible to buy 2 return tickets and use for the 9.05 high speed to St Pancreas from Ramsgate and return in the evening to Ramsgate. I checked online and noted the promotional price only applies if you use Margate rather than Ramsgate.

???:lol:

Lrd

Established Member
Here is a code for the WH Smiths voucher provided by Student Money Saver:

VOU172RGSDHK

bengolding

Here is a code for the WH Smiths voucher provided by Student Money Saver:

VOU172RGSDHK

Do you have a link to the Student Moneysaver article for details on how to redeem this offer? I take it this code isn't unique to one individual?

Got my £9.50 eVoucher from the Sun promo today.

EDIT: just saw HUKD link. Seems a longer process than the Sun promo, having to wait 2 days for validation code after registering, which then needs to be entered on RSH.

Last edited:

bengolding

It's the same one that was posted in this thread this morning at 10.09. Can't post the link as tapatalk won't let me copy it

Too late...offers like this go viral after being posted on HUKD!

"This promotion is currently on hold due to an abnormally high level of traffic, we are currently investigating and will update the page shortly."

I got an email at work yesterday saying that the South West trains £10 Winter Smiles offer is to be extended to the 16th of march if anyone is intrested. Tickets should be on sale from the 24th Feb

Last edited: