• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

YorkC

There are some great savings available for students at the moment:

UniDays are offering 40% off trips with LNER

UniDays are offering 15% off trips with National Express

Uni Days are offering 3 months free of TasteCard so you can get a discount on food before/after your journey

Student Beans have an offer for 12% off 16 - 25 railcards

Student Beans have an offer for 10% off Viator

Start saving saving everyone!

25% off on TPE with Totum/NUS Extra if you're eligible for one of them (as many staff are) but not for a 16-25 railcard.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
25% off on TPE with Totum/NUS Extra if you're eligible for one of them (as many staff are) but not for a 16-25 railcard.

But if you have a 16-25 railcard enter TPESTUDENT to bump the discount up from 33% to 50%.

DeeGee

I have a question about the JPI Media Northern Offer, if I may? I've had a look on Northern's website but not understood. I live just on the edge of the region and our local JPI title isn't included.

If I want a pair of Ranger tickets for a future weekend, for me and my boy, if I buy three identical copies of the Doncaster Free Press as I'm going through the station this Friday, will that give me everything I need to claim the offer, or do I need material from three different weeks?

Might I be able to buy the ticket from the TPE-operated station at Grimsby Town, as there are two different Northern Services running through there?

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I have a question about the JPI Media Northern Offer, if I may? I've had a look on Northern's website but not understood. I live just on the edge of the region and our local JPI title isn't included.

If I want a pair of Ranger tickets for a future weekend, for me and my boy, if I buy three identical copies of the Doncaster Free Press as I'm going through the station this Friday, will that give me everything I need to claim the offer, or do I need material from three different weeks?

Might I be able to buy the ticket from the TPE-operated station at Grimsby Town, as there are two different Northern Services running through there?

I've used 3 identical copies of the Yorkshire Evening Post to get my vouchers before now.

You should be able to buy at any staffed station served by Northern.

AnkleBoots

Have people ever traded Northern newspaper vouchers after the papers stop printing them? (Am concerned about wanting to do a trip on 14 July but having run out of vouchers)

skifans

Have people ever traded Northern newspaper vouchers after the papers stop printing them? (Am concerned about wanting to do a trip on 14 July but having run out of vouchers)
It's the last week for the papers at the moment so they are still being printed, but to answer your question, I've never had any problem doing so. I usually exchange them a day or 2 before when I fancy using them rather then commiting in advance to a date.

Iskra

Established Member
XC have 20% off using code MAY19 if you book by 2/6 and travel before 9/6. You can use the code as many times as you want.

AnkleBoots

It's the last week for the papers at the moment so they are still being printed, but to answer your question, I've never had any problem doing so. I usually exchange them a day or 2 before when I fancy using them rather then commiting in advance to a date.
Thank you, I meant trading between individuals eg on an auction site

mikeg

Established Member
Should I be okay using three tokens from different JPI titles ? I've just bought the Ripon Gazette and Harrogate Advertiser, should I simply buy a third JPI paper or am I now looking for two advertisers and gazettes so I can take advantage of the offer (albeit with the ability to do so twice)?

Didn't realise they now had the name of the publication on now you see...

westv

Established Member
How long has it been since the last LNER seat sale? Have they actually had one at all?
Just curious as it's been a long time since there's been anything for my services anyway so I'm not expecting any change on that.

YorkC

How long has it been since the last LNER seat sale? Have they actually had one at all?
Just curious as it's been a long time since there's been anything for my services anyway so I'm not expecting any change on that.

This is the last one I can see in my inbox:

"Don’t miss out on our Winter Seat Sale. We’ve got 250,000 tickets up for grabs starting at just £5 each way, for weekday travel between 4 January and 1 March 2019 inclusive. But hurry, you only have until midnight 22 November to book."

YorkC

This is the last one I can see in my inbox:

"Don’t miss out on our Winter Seat Sale. We’ve got 250,000 tickets up for grabs starting at just £5 each way, for weekday travel between 4 January and 1 March 2019 inclusive. But hurry, you only have until midnight 22 November to book."

Although before that VTEC had one this week last year, so...

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Although before that VTEC had one this week last year, so...

I was hoping they might put a promo on to mark the launch of the Azumas. There's plenty of publicity posters here in Leeds right now but no sign of a special offer....yet.

Karl

On Moderation
Heads up! I think it's the last day for the Northern tokens newspaper £10 offer. I just bought the last 12 papers from my local. They thought I was mad! :)

BigCj34

So Omio appear to offer 12% cashback with Topcashback and there are 10% off codes lingering on the web...but it couldn't find the journey I wanted to make which involved crossing London and another connection. Chiltern Railways found it fine though, offering 5%.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Anyone else having difficulties with the online form for the Johnston Press offer ?

Every time I try and submit it, it just comes up with a "must submit a departure station" error, even though I've entred it.

The drop down list of stations isn't working either.

Iskra

Established Member
Anyone else having difficulties with the online form for the Johnston Press offer ?

Every time I try and submit it, it just comes up with a "must submit a departure station" error, even though I've entred it.

The drop down list of stations isn't working either.

I had that issue. I refreshed the page until it worked and it did eventually.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Is there any chance of having a separate thread for the Northern offer ? I missed the tokens this time because most of the stuff on this thread is irrelevant to me.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If anyone wishes to provide feedback to the forum moderators please use the contact us form (link at the bottom of each page)

If anyone wishes to avoid missing out on special offers, they are welcome to subscribe to this thread by clicking 'Watch thread' at the top and selecting how to recieve notifications in their profile.