• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

jaffa

I have a special offer from EMR FOR £10 standard or £15 first class return to London to be used between 10th - 24th January. I have no reason to use it so want to see if anyone would like the code.

nb there’s no indication of peak time restrictions on the email I’ve got.

I’ll send it out on a first come first serve basis to anyone who DM’s me.

I've got an EMR code too that I won't use. PM me if anyone wants it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkC

Less good but I've got an EMR £30 first / £15 standard that I won't use either, if anyone wants it. Same dates etc.

Impey0711

On Moderation
If anybody is a regular EMR customer check your inbox you may have a discount code just bagged myself a £15 return to Leicester travelling tommorow returning Thursday

Roger B

Has anyone managed to buy a Northern 10p advance ticket, and if so, please could they provide a link to the page where they can be bought. Many thanks

glenbogle

From XC Twitter

Go CrossCountry and beat the January Blues. Get 25% off CrossCountry Advance train tickets* for travel dates between 13 – 31 January. Use promo code: JAN25. Offer ends 26 January. *Only available with e-Tickets. T&Cs apply.

*******.com/uz2lhyt

LeylandLen

Newspapers containing tokens for latest Northern Rail offer go on sale today and this week for weekly papers. I have my first one in Lancs evening post.

andrewg70

Newspapers containing tokens for latest Northern Rail offer go on sale today and this week for weekly papers. I have my first one in Lancs evening post.
Yes and look how large the tokens are

Attachments

• 5C342301-335F-48A5-AE2B-2510BB818A3C.jpeg
    5C342301-335F-48A5-AE2B-2510BB818A3C.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 94

Roger B

I looked Manchester Evening News for the vouchers yesterday, and couldn't see them (perhaps I was looking for the wrong thing?). But I found them in today's edition - so I bought two copies to compensate. I may even buy to copies for the rest of the week - and get a few trips in.

Roger B

They're not in the free version of the paper.
It was the paid-for version I looked in - spent quite a few minutes in the newsagent's on Monday looking through page by page - but no joy. Going to buy another two today though.

Bellavilla1

Greater Anglia are running a scheme called Hare Fares. The idea is that you travel to London and return same day for a discounted ticket. I plan a 3 day trip to London which normally will cost me and my daughter over £100 but if I buy two return tickets, one for the day I plan to travel to London and a return ticket for the day I travel back it will cost me about £40. Is there anything stopping me doing this? I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance.

greatkingrat

Established Member
Greater Anglia are running a scheme called Hare Fares. The idea is that you travel to London and return same day for a discounted ticket. I plan a 3 day trip to London which normally will cost me and my daughter over £100 but if I buy two return tickets, one for the day I plan to travel to London and a return ticket for the day I travel back it will cost me about £40. Is there anything stopping me doing this? I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance.

Yes, that's fine, there is nothing stopping you using the ticket one way and throwing away the return half.

DaveB10780

It was the paid-for version I looked in - spent quite a few minutes in the newsagent's on Monday looking through page by page - but no joy. Going to buy another two today though.
They do tuck them away but bottom of page 30 did the trick for me (I had some papers saved).

gray1404

Established Member
Does anyone know how long the current 15% cashback on Omio through TopCashBack is on for? It normally says how many days it's on for but I can't see anything.....

Is this cashback still paid if you use a voucher discount code in addition to the cashback site TopCashBack? I have a student 5% discount code for Omio too.

Does Omio still charge a booking fee unless you book on the day of travel. I'm not travelling until Tuesday.

Finally, is there a way to get Omio to offer free ticket collection from a TVM even if an e-ticket is possible? It seems to only offer me an e-ticket PDF but those issued by Omio never scan for me at barriers.

Butts

Veteran Member
Got an e-mail for 40% off LNER Advances 1st and 2nd Class (single use) travel up till May with certain blackout dates.

Have to use link from e-mail to redeem.

westv

Established Member
Got an e-mail for 40% off LNER Advances 1st and 2nd Class (single use) travel up till May with certain blackout dates.

Have to use link from e-mail to redeem.
Nothing here so far.

Sarah

I don't know if this Amex offer for LNER has already been mentioned:

Save to Card to get a 5% statement credit on a transaction online at LNER by 22/4/2020. Valid every time up to £30 for the first 45,000 Cardmembers to save. Terms apply.