• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Roger B

Got a further email from TPE around 4pm today offering me the chance to book one last £1 fare with a unique promotional code.

I've used mine (you can only use your code once) but if you're on the TPE mailing list it might be worth checking your inbox.
Thanks CaptainHaddock, I'm on it!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BlueFox

Got a further email from TPE around 4pm today offering me the chance to book one last £1 fare with a unique promotional code.

I've used mine (you can only use your code once) but if you're on the TPE mailing list it might be worth checking your inbox.

I have two accounts with TPE. Last week I bought 30+ £1 tickets. I haven't received an email to the address used for that account.
But I have received one to the address on the account I don't use.

So maybe only people who didn't buy any £1 tickets are getting another chance.

Chrism20

Established Member
When scrolling through Facebook this morning a 40% off offer for LNER popped up with a “We’ve missed you message”. There was a button to click to save the offer which was then emailed to me from Facebook.

It may be worth having a scroll through your social media feeds to see if there is anything.

10% cashback from LNER has also appeared in my online offers via Santander online banking.

wellhouse

My TPE code arrived 1042 this morning (Monday 9th March) so the offers aren't being sent out simultaneously

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
My TPE code arrived 1042 this morning (Monday 9th March) so the offers aren't being sent out simultaneously

Yes, just had another one arrived in my "other" TPE email account! It does however say it's only valid if I book today.

LeylandLen

Im a retired person , have enough tokens to buy 3 £10 Northern Rail tickets.As I see it, the chance to use them finishes a week Saturday 21ST.Obviously I dont want to travel unless I have to and not far from home.I hear that passengers on Northern are down due to coronavirus , esp off peak travel .I cant see Northern extending it as the virus has still to peak .
So hoping I can use tokens later in year when , hopefully, its all over.
Is anyone else not making use of ANY offers due to coronavirus, ?

_toommm_

Established Member
Not a special offer as such, but from 01/08, Nectar Points cannot be warned on the LNER website, but for a temporary period they’ll give you 2% back as account credit, which will be added each month.

FQTV

Not a special offer as such, but from 01/08, Nectar Points cannot be warned on the LNER website, but for a temporary period they’ll give you 2% back as account credit, which will be added each month.

I had thought that the 2% rebate was going to be their new and ongoing offer.

More details about Nectar ending at https://www.lner.co.uk/tickets-savings/savings-rewards/rewards/#cid_28345_0_

EARN REWARDS
COLLECT NECTAR POINTS ON YOUR LNER PURCHASES UNTIL 31 JULY 2020

Our Nectar partnership is changing
From 1 August 2020 you will no longer be able to collect Nectar points when you make a booking with us. You can continue to spend your Nectar points on LNER eVouchers as normal.

_toommm_

Established Member
I had thought that the 2% rebate was going to be their new and ongoing offer.

More details about Nectar ending at https://www.lner.co.uk/tickets-savings/savings-rewards/rewards/#cid_28345_0_

I'm not too sure about the future of the 2%, but my email said it was a limited time offer:

Tom, we’re making some changes to our Nectar partnership
We are contacting you as you are a Nectar collector that has collected points with us in the last 12 months and need to inform you of some changes we are making to Nectar.

From 1 August 2020, you’ll no longer be able to collect Nectar points if you make a booking with us. Instead, for a temporary period, you’ll earn 2% credit back on any LNER transactions you make. This will be automatically added as an eVoucher to your LNER account each month. This means there will be a change to your terms and conditions. You can find our full Rewards terms and conditions here. Rest assured we are working on something new for the future.

You can continue to spend your Nectar points on LNER eVouchers as normal. Find out more about the changes to our Nectar partnership below.

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Assuming this thread isn't just for rail offers, I just thought I'd mention Travelodge are currently running a "pay for one night, get the next night free" offer for stays between 1 August and 30 November. Book by 24 July. Currently plenty of availability too; I managed to get 2 nights in Norwich in August for £30 to go exploring the Norfolk branches!

trainophile

Established Member
Assuming this thread isn't just for rail offers, I just thought I'd mention Travelodge are currently running a "pay for one night, get the next night free" offer for stays between 1 August and 30 November. Book by 24 July. Currently plenty of availability too; I managed to get 2 nights in Norwich in August for £30 to go exploring the Norfolk branches!

How does that work? Do you put in one night and it automatically adds the next night to it? I tried putting two nights in (having ensured they weren't on the blacked out offer not applicable dates) but it showed two nights' charges.

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
How does that work? Do you put in one night and it automatically adds the next night to it? I tried putting two nights in (having ensured they weren't on the blacked out offer not applicable dates) but it showed two nights' charges.

It's a bit temperamental but it works for me if I put in one night, then click on the hotel I want then select the saver rate. Give it a few moments and the option of getting the following night (or the previous night) free should pop up. Strangely I couldn't get it to work in Firefox but when I use Chrome it seems to be fine. Good luck!

Chrism20

Established Member
Omio is currently 15% all week on Topcashback. TCB also have a £3 bonus for today only. Obviously a txn fee with Omio but between the increased Cashback and the bonus you might be able to score out of it overall.

Wolfie

Established Member
LNER Midweek offer - stolen from elsewhere - may help someone...

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lner-travel-midweek-from-just-ps5-3520850
Travel from London from just £5. Many great offers including from London to GRANTHAM for £5, to Leeds for £10 and Edinburgh for £20.

Midweek summer travel offer terms and conditions

1. Book promotional fares by 23.59 on Wednesday 19 August 2020 only at lner.co.uk.
2. Promotional fares are for travel on London North Eastern Railway (LNER) train services only, Monday to Thursdays inclusive, from Monday 10 August to Thursday 3 September 2020, excluding Monday 31 August 2020.
3. At least 50,000 discounted tickets (40,000 standard and 10,000 First Class) will be made available for across the travel period and are subject to availability. All Friday, Saturday and Sunday LNER train services are excluded from the offer.
4. No other offers or discounts can be applied, including Railcards or child discounts.
5. No changes, no refunds and no break of journey permitted.
6. London North Eastern Railway (LNER) reserves the right to withdraw the midweek summer travel offer at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrism20

Established Member
A 10% cashback offer has popped up on the offers section of my Santander app. Might be worth checking if you bank with them

westv

Established Member
Hull Trains are now offering "Duo Tickets". It sounds like they are the same discount as the "Two together" railcard but you don't need a railcard and they are only available via the HTs website for their services only.

infobleep

Veteran Member
LNER midweek discount for Decathlon customers
That got me wondering what is the cheapest thing Decathlon sell. I go in there sometimes as there is one local to me. I shall go and have a look

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Last edited: