• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Specific train not shown on booking engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

soup6

I want to but an advance from Ashford (Kent) to Manchester tomorrow(Monday) using HS1 and then travelling on the 12:20 from Euston. I've tried a couple of booking engines but none offer this train with Advance tickets (as it is never the fastest with the standard connection times) but I wish travel specifically on the 12:20. Is there a tweak (forcing a longer connection time in London, for instance) which would show this train? My only other option is to buy separate tickets for each leg but this considerably more expensive.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes.

In the via field enter via: CHX

This will give you a reservation on the 1220 as you wish, and recommend the 1003 as the suggested service, however the normal rules of appropriate connecting services still apply, and there is nothing marked on the ticket nor in the T&Cs to say you should take the 1003, it's still valid to travel via HS1 into St Pancras.

Searle

Established Member
I managed to find this on NRE by specifying 'via Charing cross', which is an advance on the 12:20. As SouthEastern are all unreservable, you should be able to get any train to Euston (ie. on HS1), but I'll let someone else confirm that.

Edit: looks like it was confirmed while I was writing this post!

Last edited:

soup6

Thanks everybody. If I follow your advice I will be in the unusual position of picking up my tickets (from a machine) after the recommended train has departed from Ashford. Is this likely to cause a problem?

najaB

Veteran Member
Thanks everybody. If I follow your advice I will be in the unusual position of picking up my tickets (from a machine) after the recommended train has departed from Ashford. Is this likely to cause a problem?
No. You can collect tickets after the departure of your selected train, and even from a different station.

Edited to add an example: I once was heading to Birmingham on the Sleeper from Scotland, but couldn't collect my tickets because the Scotrail network went down. I was able to collect my ticket at Crewe at 5AM the following morning - a different station, on a different day. So you shouldn't have any problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.