• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

specsavers ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

gage75

does any one know the location of the station used in the specsavers ad??? :?::?:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LE Greys

Established Member
If you mean the one with the young lady who goes up and kisses the old man (no, stop thinking that ;) ) then it looks remarkably like Cromer Beach, although I can't be sure.

34D

Established Member
If you mean the one with the young lady who goes up and kisses the old man (no, stop thinking that ;) ) then it looks remarkably like Cromer Beach, although I can't be sure.

Sounds like its worth a trip then :)

D6975

Established Member
Definitely not in the UK.

The unit certainly looks like a 2 car desiro classic - can't place the livery though.

Last edited:

Schnellzug

Established Member
Some sort of DMU of the kind you'd find in Germany or the Netherlands or somewhere like that, that's for sure. It seems to have the number LB 127, if anyone would like to look that up.

* Ah, that'd be it, yes.

stut

Established Member
Ah, thought I recognised it!

Gilleleje is on a little private railway that serves the outposts of northern Sjaelland. Those DMUs do street running too, when they reach Helsingør...

Jimini

Established Member
Slightly off topic (sorry), but where's thetrainline.com one with Black Lace filmed? Looked a bit like Marylebone to me but I'm no expert -thanks!

gage75

Slightly off topic (sorry), but where's thetrainline.com one with Black Lace filmed? Looked a bit like Marylebone to me but I'm no expert -thanks!

That is London Marylebone, looks like between p's 3&4

Skimble19

Established Member
Seriously guys, I work there. It is *platforms 5 and 6 at Marylebone* :roll:

So platforms 3&4 at Birmingham Moor Street, yeah? :lol:

Out of interest, why on earth did Specsavers go all that way, when they could've made it here? Perhaps they were refused permission?

tbtc

Veteran Member
Out of interest, why on earth did Specsavers go all that way, when they could've made it here? Perhaps they were refused permission?

They have some Opticians in Denmark (http://www.thisisguernsey.com/tag/specsavers-denmark/), I've only seen the advert once but I don't remember any dialogue *between the people on the platform), so maybe they've done one advert that can be dubbed into various languages?

mirodo

They have some Opticians in Denmark (http://www.thisisguernsey.com/tag/specsavers-denmark/), I've only seen the advert once but I don't remember any dialogue *between the people on the platform), so maybe they've done one advert that can be dubbed into various languages?

As far as I can remember, the only dialogue is "Hi" and "Sorry".

Would be quite easy to get Danish actors to film English and Danish versions I guess.

Established Member
Ah, thought I recognised it!

Gilleleje is on a little private railway that serves the outposts of northern Sjaelland. Those DMUs do street running too, when they reach Helsingør...
They do indeed, the rather impressive building in the background of the first photo is Helsingør station
p381123997-3.jpg

p45411094-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.