• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Speed restriction at Ashford (Surrey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCDD

Over the last few weeks there appears to be a very severe speed restriction on the down line approaching Ashford (Surrey). Does anyone know why it is there? It's the on the last bit of my journey home to Staines. For those who travel this route every day it must be as irritating as hell...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChampsRacing

Not sure whats causing it but where the road bridge is just after the TSR starts there is water building up on the down line in the 4ft shifting alot of the ballast around my driver noticed it earlier this week and had a look for myself coming back from weybridge. Its not pouring with water but its enough to move the ballast, it irritates the train crew as much as the passengers aswell trust me :).

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Yes, very annoying, it causes at least a one minute delay on the journey every time I work to Windsor or Weybridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.